PDA

View Full Version : finished door pod, dissapointed

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 10:10 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/klakalou/6fb6ab6b708a.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/klakalou/a034966b805c.jpg

apparently i made it a tad too small. my larger, driver side enclosure sounds twice as good, its just real ugly
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/klakalou/67300f682a41.jpg
it has more output, it gets lower and just sounds better.

would polyfill help the smaller enclosure? or is it better i hack it up and make it bigger?

yes they are both air tight.

acold7dusta
09-23-2006, 10:59 AM
why dont you raise up the pass. side like the driver side is, so itll look the same and have the same sound?

pimpedout97x
09-23-2006, 11:01 AM
^^what he said

lilmaniac2
09-23-2006, 11:01 AM
why would u make 2 doorpods that dont match?

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 12:00 PM
no u dont understand. i wanted it to lay flush. the one that comes out, was the first one i made. i didnt know what i was really doing. i want them to both lay flush.

i went ahead and knocked out half of enclosure, and im gonna glass further into my car door. im gonna have about dbl the area.

ssj2xxgotenxx
09-23-2006, 12:06 PM
There is only one thing to do if you're not satisfied. Do it agian.

skydeaner
09-23-2006, 12:14 PM
sometimes I wish I didn't have windows to come down and **** with my speakers. I bet you feel the same way.

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 01:06 PM
nope. i built my pods around my speakers, there is no problems at all =D ***** for you =/

Belunt
09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
sometimes I wish I didn't have windows to come down and **** with my speakers. I bet you feel the same way.

Just don't put em all the way down. And do you go to ISU? I just hit it on my college tour not long ago.

And polyfill is worth a try, I doubt it's going to save you if the enclosure is that tight but might help a little.

PowerNaudio
09-23-2006, 02:11 PM
try polyfill before you chage anything, if you the polyfill dont help then start hackin metal off of that door. lol
laters

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 02:16 PM
ive already hacked up the door and the enclosure. now this is the last time im revamping it! lol

ive pretty much built a permanent enclosure in the door now. im glassed the inside to it cannot be removed. ive made it as big as possible. if its too big i can always throw filler in there. i think its gonna turn out great this time.

937DYTBOI
09-23-2006, 02:17 PM
yea polyfill might make a diffrence its a better try than starting all over

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 05:33 PM
nah i started over. did both doors, they sound great.

PowerNaudio
09-23-2006, 06:00 PM
thats cool i like to hear that you didnt give up on the build after a couple of diffrent tries.

now can we see some pics. please.
lol
laters

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
ive posted a few over at the fiberglass forums. unfortunately i was so busy(trying to finish b4 it rained) that i didnt take any pics during the process =/

but i can explain what i did.

i took the enclosure that was too small, cut out the left and lower walls, and placed it back into the whole. i used masking tape to build new "walls" within the door. i pretty much doubled my inner area. which is impossible to remove after being fiberglassed. so i made sure my baffle was right where i wanted it, then i glassed away. the tape was obviously not removed. all excess was trimmed, putty was applied to the baffle, carpet was reinstated, and the speaker was screwed in. it is exactly how i imagined it. its totally unobstrusive, and looks nearly factory(minus a speaker cover). on top of that, the performance is there as well. the output and sq are great. i cant wait to get my rl-p back installed(might fb a box for that as well), then my system is gonna be great sql.

PowerNaudio
09-23-2006, 06:33 PM
nice man, im impress. i wish you had pics . but hey thats cool. im glad to hear that this experiance of working with FG didnt get you away from doing more fg projects.
im realy interested in seeing the next project. so keep us posted.
good job again on the door.

oh one question, you dont have speaker grills for the door speakers?

laters

MrSwiss
09-23-2006, 06:36 PM
nah i dont have any right now. ive read at DIY that the aa polys are actually 7" speakers. but i definately want to get some grills.