PDA

View Full Version : Got my HC6's set up.

brandontw
09-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Finally got my new HT ststem setup and working great. Its the Acoustic reasearch HC6 system, And i managed to find some wall mounts that would eit them for cheap at walmart.

I know they are placed a little high, and i know theyshould be around listening height, but i just couldent swing it in my room..this way they are up out of the way, and they sound alright...im happy with it.

I mounted them upside-down on the mounts so the mounts wouldent block the ports on the speakers.

Dont make fun of my taste in movies.. its just what came on netflix today... Also i know my TV is small and ghetto, im trying to work up the finances to aquire a 32 inch LCD, but they are so **** expensive.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7131/im001484gy9.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8417/im001485pe8.jpg

supa_c
09-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Not only are they to high, they are to wide.

brandontw
09-23-2006, 05:48 AM
Not only are they to high, they are to wide. your moms too wide too...:)

really though? i thought the wider the better... i might move them.

supa_c
09-23-2006, 06:12 AM
for reals
I forget the ratio but its related to room size and speaker placement

Prowler573
09-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Acoustic Research??

As in made by Audiovox??

Edit: Nevermind...I looked on their website for myself and yes, yes they are made by Audiovox.
How do they sound?

JimJ
09-23-2006, 08:20 AM
I'd be concerned about getting a really nasty bump in the midbass from mounting the speakers where you did...close to a corner with a rear-firing port is pretty much the worst-case scenario.

skydeaner
09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
hide the wires hide the wires hide the wires hide the wires.

stick on wire hiders that are white would match the walls nicely compared to naked wireness. But the speakers are styled well. If they sound as good as they look, ***-E-nisssss

joetama
09-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I'd be concerned about getting a really nasty bump in the midbass from mounting the speakers where you did...close to a corner with a rear-firing port is pretty much the worst-case scenario.

Agreed, nothing like "horn" loading the port.....

brandontw
09-23-2006, 02:51 PM
i was concerned about that too, but these are just for my secondary system in my room, so im not really concerned with acoustic perfection. I tried to pull them each away from the corner a little bit, so i dont notice it too bad. like you said i didnt really want to even put them near a wall, but the mount were so cheap, and turned out so **** that i couldent pass it up. I really like having them attatche to the wall instead of kicking around on shelves or something.

Acoustic Research??

As in made by Audiovox??

Edit: Nevermind...I looked on their website for myself and yes, yes they are made by Audiovox.
How do they sound?
Yeah I was sceptical at first too, but after reading tons of reviews and stuff, I couldent pass them up for the price(i got the whole set for 100$) The speakers themselves sound great, the only gripe i have is with the 8" powered sub that came with it. It is pretty timid, and doesnt have any really low extension at all. But it does sound really nice, and blends with the speakers perfectly, even when they are placed so far from it.

brandontw
09-23-2006, 02:54 PM
hide the wires hide the wires hide the wires hide the wires.

stick on wire hiders that are white would match the walls nicely compared to naked wireness. But the speakers are styled well. If they sound as good as they look, ***-E-nisssss

yeah I know = but the rest of my room is a mess, and its akwardly arranged, And my walls are grey, so white wire hiders would stick out too... just not in my priorities right now.

Yes they sound as good as the look, they definatly arent your average home theatre in a box.

Would this speaker placement be better?
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7139/im001484gy9ad2.jpg