PDA

View Full Version : box for assassin 10s

soul05
09-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I have a pair of assassin 10s that I want to put in my new car. I was thinking about 2.75@33. what do you guys think? should i just go with spec at 2.4@32? Will it make much of a difference if I increased the box size by half a cubic foot?

PowerNaudio
09-21-2006, 06:30 PM
not trying to insult your intelligence . but there are a couple of diffrent free aplications that will help you graph the output of these subs in diffrent enclosures.
i know you want to know what everyone think would be the best. but if you put the same enclosure in a diffrent vehicle it will sound diffrent. youll get less lower freq responce. higher freq resonce or just attenuate some the low end or increas it to a crazy value.

so try winisd free. bass box pro $$$. there are others.

use the cabing gain features on these apps. if you have questions on how to use these apps. let us know we are here to help.lol

now by just looking at the two diffrent enclosures the change in tuning freqs i dont belive it will affect much what i would worry is the change in enclosure volume. the bigger box same tuning will give you a little better low end. and since is not far from the suggested enclosure i wouldnt worry about over excurtion. that much since its only a .5cuft of a diffrence. but if it becomes a problem. the gain settings and subsonic filter should help you control the sub a little better.
laters sorry im not an expert on that sub.
but there will be some one here with allot more help.
laters

hondarider
09-21-2006, 10:44 PM
I got my 2 assassin 10s in 2.5 cubes tuned to 31.5 hz and its awesome. Its powered by a zx750.1.

Kaltenberg
09-21-2006, 10:49 PM
im also thinking of buying assassin 10s, whats your imput on them do they give loud bass? or do they break off at the high volumes?

Phreaker
09-21-2006, 11:50 PM
excellent subs for the price....good SQ and get decenly loud but I have only heard them sealed ported at tuned at 32Hz would be very nice indeed.

soul05
09-22-2006, 01:54 AM
I have winISD, but I have absolutely no idea on how to use it.

Phreaker
09-22-2006, 02:03 AM
How tall will the box be?

14.5"?

Phreaker
09-22-2006, 02:13 AM
I dont see any major changes...