PDA

View Full Version : Help with PlexiGlass enclosure!!!

qbanplaya91
09-21-2006, 03:27 PM
hey guys....im new to this so i just have some simple questions about my system to ask....I have 2 10" pioneer TS-W256C/DVC and a Rockford Fosgate T3002 amp...Its enclosed in this box with a plexi glass front and like 2 holes in the top.
Now for the questions.......btw i have a scion tc.

1) My subs are too powerful for my box and all the screws fly out all the time...is there something like glue or sillicone that i can put on so that the plexiglass stops rattling everywhere when the screws fly out?

2)Should I just build a new box altogether? what do you suggest?

3) I have a polk audio C400.4 amp brand new just lying around. Should I swap out the amp i have now for that one? would it hit harder? or can i just put both amps in my car if possible cuz thats what i wanna do?

thats all for now thank guys.

coolahan
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
build a new box.. ported... tune it around 32hz... make it around 3.5ft^3 after displacement

phantom240
09-21-2006, 04:18 PM
A new box would be your best bet.. but if you wanna keep this one try searching around online for stuff for plexiglass. Also, why not try to BOLT the speakers to the front baffle? And about that 4 channel, use it to amp ur interior speakers. SQ FTW.

Radioflyer97
01-16-2007, 01:59 PM
to keep the plexi mounted properly, try to use nut/bolt combos with rubber washers on the plexi and spring style lock washers to keep them tight. You shouldnt have any more troublw with it after that.