PDA

View Full Version : so hmmm, where to start

2kchevy06civic
09-21-2006, 07:29 AM
Yeah.....I'm kind of lost as to what to look for when it comes to DVD players and CD players. I'm currently using my room mates dvd player, it's a samsung hd931 http://www.samsung.com/Products/DVDPlayer/ArchivedDVDPlayers/DVD_HD931XAA.asp

yeah, that^^^^.

We have a samsung 1080i dynaflat tv but I can't find the model number b/c yeah samsung ***** at putting models on anything, hahaha.

Anyways we are just using the component out on the dvd player to the tv and digtial for the audio. I was just wondering is there any other way to get a better picture , or are we using the best thing avalible with what we have? I'm not saying the picture isn't bad b/c it looks fine I'm just trying to get the best with what I have.

I want to buy a seperate cd player to play music with, what should I look for? Price, mehhhh lets just go with best bang for the buck type thing not looking for a really really $$$$$ unit. I'm gonna go ahead and just say no more than 6 - 700 tops.

Thx for the help guys!

joetama
09-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Some people might say to go with HDMI or something like that but using the 3 seperate channels for the video to my eyes still looks the best.

With the CD Player look at Cambridge Audio 340C and the Arcam CD 73. I have the Arcam and love it. What are you using for audio on your system that you are looking to get such an expensive CD player?

2kchevy06civic
09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
mehh I'm just using klipsch stuff right now...Heresy's , and an RW-12D sub. I have a center channel but it's a no named or something. Anyways to answer your question I'm actually trying to save up to buy better speakers and possibly different sub. I've been looking into klipschs reference 83's, or b&w 700's, or paradigms, etc etc. I'm just kind of getting really interested in this hobby and I love watching movies at movie theater volumes and actually feeling the huge ball chasing indiana jones or the water rushing into new york in day after tomorrow. Ya know?

Plus I just love to listen to my music and have it as clear as possible ;P.

thylantyr
09-21-2006, 09:21 PM
07-11-2005
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/showthread.php?t=221418&highlight=samsung

HD941 allows video upconversion over analog {illegal} using a simple remote hack.
I make no guarantees that it works with newer firmware, if any at all.

Picture quality is much improved. This is only good if your TV doesn't have HDMI
and you want to exploit more potential out of component level inputs found on older TV's that support 1080i.