PDA

View Full Version : better ports

audiobahnuser18
09-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey guys i need some help with measuring these ports sorry if this is dumb but im not good with measuring at all:( , but here's a pic of the box want to get tuned ports my friend said would help make it a sealed box or make it a sealed box sry. But he is really good at car audio so i was wondering though if he is right on this or what place online could i get better ports?

http://i75.imagethrust.com/i/636258/whatigottoworkwith.jpg

j3bus2k3
09-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Dude, I dont understand a **** thing you write. Use some **** punctuation...

xluben
09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
throw that box away.

you do not want to seal off both sides of the subs!

and a generic bandpass will not work well.

JimJ
09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
but here's a pic of the box want to get tuned ports my friend said would help make it a sealed box or make it a sealed box sry.

:confused:

It's a bandpass enclosure. Changing the port lengths will do God knows what to the frequency response, and most likely make it sound more like *** than it probably already does. You have two options -

1. Stick with that box because of sentimental reasons, which you seem to have already decided on...

2. Get rid of it and build a real one.

audiobahnuser18
09-21-2006, 01:17 AM
sry man always forget to use puncuation when i type in a forum. well i can't throw the box away cause my neighbor got me this box as a gift worked hard to get it for me so not an option:(. so those ports wouldn't do no good at all? what bout if i put ports coming out from the rear dash i have seen people do that?

forceofwill
09-21-2006, 01:34 AM
sry man always forget to use puncuation when i type in a forum. well i can't throw the box away cause my neighbor got me this box as a gift worked hard to get it for me so not an option:(. so those ports wouldn't do no good at all? what bout if i put ports coming out from the rear dash i have seen people do that?

Yeah, not like increasing the port length by about 30 inches does anything.
AM I RITE? :laugh:

audiobahnuser18
09-21-2006, 01:36 AM
oh alright well i wasn't sure thats why i was asking. what bout putting ports in the rear dash like i said i seen some people do that does that help at all?

JimJ
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
If you were using a box designed for it, perhaps.

forceofwill
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
oh alright well i wasn't sure thats why i was asking. what bout putting ports in the rear dash like i said i seen some people do that does that help at all?

Don't run your ports through your rear dash. If you meant putting holes in the rear dash, then yes, you could potentially gain DB's from that. I don't get what you wanted from this thread anyway. If it's not loud enough or it sounds like ****, build another box. If you are too much of a ***** to build another box because your neighbor might be butthurt over it, then STFU and ****ing deal with the box you have.

Chevyaudio
09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
sry....but that box is crap. There is nothing you can do to save it.

audiobahnuser18
09-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Yeah i thought so me and my friend are just bout to say **** it probably and either build a vented box or a sealed im not sure have to do calculations. does anyone know that the pioneer w306DVC 12's what box would that hit hardest in i know better then anything the box i got haha but what would hit hardest vented , dual vented , sealed what?