PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow SLC v. SLC Kick

beckSHO
09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Well, I've narrowed down my speaker choices down to the Rainbow SLC 265, and the SLC 265 Kick. The reason I can't decide between the two is... I don't know the difference. The SLC Kick is about $60 more than the SLC. So, I'm wondering, what really is the difference? Is it audible? Or does it have to do with the build of the speaker? Which one would you chose, and why? Hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Audio Junkies
09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Check out the first two articles here... http://car.rainbow-audio.de/support/downloads.php?lan=2&kat=3

They explain it fairly in-depth.

Freestyler717
09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
im curious too, I read those articles and still confused.

superdooperman
09-25-2006, 09:01 PM
im curious too, I read those articles and still confused.

If you read it and are still confused, get the regular set, because the kicks require special attention and strict crossover and HPF settings.

Audio Junkies
09-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Basically the kick bass component sets have kick bass loudspeakers that are designed to play from 80-180Hz. The kick sets allow the subwoofer(s) handle 80Hz and below so that they can focus on the 80-180Hz range with increased output and clarity. They are also designed for use in semi-enclosed installations (doors).

It is absolutely essential that the kick bass component sets be high-passed at 80Hz. If they are allowed to play down to the 50-60Hz range the spiders will be damaged.

Hopefully that helps.

Freestyler717
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks Audio Junkies. That does help. I think I might pick up the slc Kick for x-mas because, I already have my subs which I can set lowpassed to 80hz. I'll also pick up a nice new amp for the speakers. Is it fine to use the highpass on the speaker amp, or should you buy a crossover unit?