PDA

View Full Version : i think im going w/klaus enclosure, but...

rtillaree
09-20-2006, 05:04 PM
i would like to build my own box, however i work on the road like 8-10 months out of the year and i just dont think i can swing it, but the downside to not building your own box is having to rely on someone else to buid the right box for you...so i found klausaudio (im sure u are all aware of them) and i see they make custom boxes for kicker sb l7's, and this is what im going to put in my trunk for right now, i was initially thinking that i could probably only do roughly 1.5 - 1.8 cubic each...but on klaus' site they have a calculator and no matter what figures i plug in it says that the trunk limit wont allow for box configuration, basically saying that there is not enough space, and thats even with taking the cubic down to .5 just as a test...i was wondering if someone could help me with this...

i have a space of w36"x d16" x h18", and this is the absolute maximum it can be to clear the opening...i would prefer to have flares rather than standard ports if possible, 3 or 4 inch doesnt really matter as much, but obvious better would be preferred, double baffling egh...now understanding that the kicker specs suggest 1.75-3.25 cubic, i would like to get the most out of it, and i assumed that the provided messurements of my trunk would atleast allow for 1.5, am i wrong?

Trixter
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
it doesn't seem like you should have a problem. you have 6cu' to work with. i don't get why their calculator would say that. gotta link?

Phreaker
09-21-2006, 06:19 PM
**** you're in O-town.....I live just 25 miles west of Tampa....I could build you a box.....it only takes like an hour to 2 hours to do and after the silicone sealent has cured and dried (24 hours) then it's ready to be loaded and used.

Build it yourself.What I like to do just to make the job simpler and more cost efficient is get a 4'x 8' sheet of 3/4" thick MDF and cart it up to the big saw they have.Make sure you know what size cuts you need for each piece of the box beforehand.Add an inch to two inches for each side of each piece.

If you have a circular saw bring it with you as you should buy a t guide for it but you have to have the saw to see which ones fit.While you;re their see if they have any furniture clamps and buy some.

Take the cut pieces home,hook up the t uide to your circular saw and set the blade of the saw up to the penciled lines on each cut (remember you had the guy add1" to 2" to each side of each cut?) and set the guide to fit the edge of the cut.

Saw away.

Trixter
09-22-2006, 01:57 PM
while your there pick me up 20 8' 2x4's, 3 4x8 sheets of 3/4" plywood, thee 50lb bags of thin-set mortar mix (make sure it's for granite and marble) and 8 10' lengths of 3/4" corner bead so i can build my bar.

i believe he mentioned something about not having time to build a box.