PDA

View Full Version : When the alarm goes off

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 09:58 AM
For those of you who do have car alarms, what do you do when the alarm goes off? My neighbor down the street has a car alarm and when he went outside, someone hid behind the door and hit him with baseball bat while his friend continued to rob the car.

I don't have an alarm, but I do have a camera (similar to the one in the steve meade video). If I got one and the alarm went off, what do you suggest I do? I could shoot them from my window, but then I will end up getting in more trouble than they will. I can't really fight that well, and the other fellow seemed to prove going outside was not a good idea. I don't show off my system, but I do talk to younger people in the neighborhood about theirs and show them tips and tricks and built boxes for them, so they know I am into car audio.

I was thinking the only real security is some type of siren that causes them so much pain, they can't enter the vehicle. Any commments or suggestions on ways to keep your equipment safe?

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:01 AM
If they are robbing your car, you can shoot them :fyi:

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:01 AM
ya a siren would be awesome. unless they had earplugs lol

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:02 AM

ya but think about what you would have to live with if you killed a guy. i mean ya he was robbing you but still. i dunno i would jus always think about it.

StealthKill
09-20-2006, 10:03 AM
A giant meat cleaver. Just think about it, your robbing a car and see a guy standing at the door of the house your robbing with a GIANT MOFO KNIFE! I know I'd run.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:03 AM
ya but think about what you would have to live with if you killed a guy. i mean ya he was robbing you but still. i dunno i would jus always think about it.

If he was robbing me, I would be TRYING to kill him.

I guess I'm not a ***** though... :p:

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:04 AM

I think that law is only in Florida. In TN, I believe that have to pose a credible threat to your life, not your property.

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:04 AM
A giant meat cleaver. Just think about it, your robbing a car and see a guy standing at the door of the house your robbing with a GIANT MOFO KNIFE! I know I'd run.

They bashed that guy's head in the a ball bat when he walked outside.

StealthKill
09-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Once you shoot him leave a gun in his hand and be like HE AIMED AT ME!

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:05 AM

I guess I'm not a ***** thought... :p:

im not ***** but actually killing someone thas some crazy ****. i dunno maybe i jus have a heart :crazy:

StealthKill
09-20-2006, 10:06 AM

****...I'd prolly have a gun sitting beside the door for when they come for my car.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:06 AM
lol in florida, if you feel threatened, you can kick someones ***. isn't that great?

Correction, if you feel threatened you have the right to kill :mad:

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM

They don't run, the fight you is the problem. It wouldn't surprise me if they also had a gun. I haven't heard of anyone getting shot defending their car, but it wouldn't surprise me. It is not a 1 person operation. From what I hear, it is usally a 3 or 4 man operation. There will be someone with a weapon waiting for you to come out if you do.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:07 AM
im not ***** but actually killing someone thas some crazy ****. i dunno maybe i jus have a heart :crazy:

You gotta do what you gotta do bro. If taking one insignificant life, and it is the life of a dead beat theif, will make it so I dont lose my valuables then I would gladly shoot a *****'.:D

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Once you shoot him leave a gun in his hand and be like HE AIMED AT ME!

and sprinkle some crack on him too, eh?

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:08 AM
You gotta do what you gotta do bro. If taking one insignificant life, and it is the life of a dead beat theif, will make it so I dont lose my valuables then I would gladly shoot a *****'.:D

I am not trying to go to jail....or even be arrested.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I am not trying to go to jail....or even be arrested.

Well I suppose in your state that would happen...

The siren idea has been done, and done successfuly. Mount them under the dash, in the trunk, everywhere. Make them reproduce an ungldly high pitch tone, at an unbearable volume. This should have some affect... It should at least distact them while you aim ;)

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:12 AM

ya agreed. I can see myself killing someone if they are trying to hurt family, my girl, or friends. But really everything else its like jus money. you cant buy a new friend lol

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:14 AM

The siren idea has been done, and done successfuly. Mount them under the dash, in the trunk, everywhere. Make them reproduce an ungldly high pitch tone, at an unbearable volume. This should have some affect... It should at least distact them while you aim ;)

but what if they have ear plugs? lol then you aim and another guy blows yur effing brains out... i jus dont tell anyone what I have in my Jeep nor do I play it loud anywhere near my house, school, or work.

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:15 AM

That is what I am thinking....I just don't know how to accomplish it. What I am wanting is when the trunk/door lid opens the siren comes on and stays on. I am not really interested in using it to open doors, roll down windows, page me etc.

Are there any place that sells sirens louder than JB whitney and also, how would I wire it?

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
but what if they have ear plugs? lol then you aim and another guy blows yur effing brains out... i jus dont tell anyone what I have in my Jeep nor do I play it loud anywhere near my house, school, or work.

The people that rob I don't think bring ear plugs. I keep my info on the slow, plus the trunk is quite sealed, loud on the inside, quiet on the outside. I just get paranoid about it sometimes.

sqhertz
09-20-2006, 10:18 AM
in fl , you can shoot to kill if you feel you or your familys life is in danger. they just passed a law that makes this effective in public too (on the street , parking lot) nra ftw
you could always get a 12g shotty and blow one off into the lawn in thier direction. thatll be sure to scare the **** out of anyyone. especially if its comming from a window. then if they dont want to back off your ****...id shoot em in the leg, or atleast aim for it. :)

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:18 AM
That is what I am thinking....I just don't know how to accomplish it. What I am wanting is when the trunk/door lid opens the siren comes on and stays on. I am not really interested in using it to open doors, roll down windows, page me etc.

Are there any place that sells sirens louder than JB whitney and also, how would I wire it?

you could wire it so when the lights in the car come on from the door opening the siren goes off. It would have to be some kind of automatic switch that gets power at that moment and keeps it on till you shut it off. cuz if they figure out they can jus shut the door and the sound will go off yur screwed.

skadude016
09-20-2006, 10:20 AM
The people that rob I don't think bring ear plugs. I keep my info on the slow, plus the trunk is quite sealed, loud on the inside, quiet on the outside. I just get paranoid about it sometimes.

hey you never know these days... ya i get all paranoid too.

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:20 AM
in fl , you can shoot to kill if you feel you or your familys life is in danger. they just passed a law that makes this effective in public too (on the street , parking lot) nra ftw
you could always get a 12g shotty and blow one off into the lawn in thier direction. thatll be sure to scare the **** out of anyyone. especially if its comming from a window. then if they dont want to back off your ****...id shoot em in the leg, or atleast aim for it. :)

I got a shotgun and would try that. They couldn't see me from where I shot though. Good idea.

you could wire it so when the lights in the car come on from the door opening the siren goes off. It would have to be some kind of automatic switch that gets power at that moment and keeps it on till you shut it off. cuz if they figure out they can jus shut the door and the sound will go off yur screwed.

That part is what I have the problem with.

sqhertz
09-20-2006, 10:23 AM
yeh i think my shotty method would be best, and the word would get around that your **** aint nothin to **** with. besides a rig/train horn hookd into your alarm.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 10:29 AM
You need to buy an alarm buddy, dont try to piece **** together to get the same effect as an alarm.

An alarm is the only thing that will do what you are asking, you need to be able to arm and disarm the system, simply wiring up sirens will not allow this.

Get a simple alarm, it will probably cost you something in the neighborhood of $100-$150 if you dont know how to install it yourself. Then just get extra sirens. They sell sirens with back-up batteries built into them for ~$30 on eBay, I had one and it worked great in my Buick. This makes it so that they can NOT turn off the sirens, regardless of how many wires are cut. Or if you are doing several sirens, you might look into a small motorcycle battery, hidden, as a backup.

Army-Killa
09-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I would do the sirens and lights. You wanna make sure everymother ****er in the neighborhood knows these guys are breaking into your car. That will spook the hell outta em. I wold ahve some kinda defense measure just in case. People can get crazy when there looking at getting caught. If all else fails just put some C4 in the box and wait till someone robs it and take it home, then wipe out the family haha.

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
why don't you put in one of those motion activate lights in addition to the camera? a simple idea? yes, but if the thieves are gettin put on the spotlight, they may not like that.

I have that...and there is an alarm on the light and a light goes off in my room once it is turned on.

Flipx99
09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
You need to buy an alarm buddy, dont try to piece **** together to get the same effect as an alarm.

An alarm is the only thing that will do what you are asking, you need to be able to arm and disarm the system, simply wiring up sirens will not allow this.

Get a simple alarm, it will probably cost you something in the neighborhood of $100-$150 if you dont know how to install it yourself. Then just get extra sirens. They sell sirens with back-up batteries built into them for ~$30 on eBay, I had one and it worked great in my Buick. This makes it so that they can NOT turn off the sirens, regardless of how many wires are cut. Or if you are doing several sirens, you might look into a small motorcycle battery, hidden, as a backup.

How hard are they to install? I am afraid of having someone install it as they may easily be able to steal my stuff. Which one would you reccomend as easiest to add additional sirens?

Bolognablake
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
In Tennessee, I would NOT recommend shooting somebody for stealing your car.

Generally, the rule of thumb is to shoot if you've been struck, and you cant get away for whatever reason. Also, if they pull a gun and you feel that you're in immediate danger.

Also, don't shoot to scare, and you don't shoot to injure. You shoot to kill.

prochobo
09-20-2006, 01:26 PM

I guess I'm not a ***** though... :p:

Same here. No remorse for thieves and I wouldn't hesitate to pop one off if I were getting robbed.

As for keeping your **** safe, make it inaccessible. I have a trunk car, my amp is mounted to the back seat. When I leave the car, I put the backseat up and the trunk latch is locked so there is no getting into the trunk. Sure you could pry it open, but that will take lots of time. HU faceplate goes into the glovebox where it is locked. Again, you can get it open, but it would take a long time, especially with pain generators going off in your ears.

Get an alarm, about 5 battery backed up sirens, and a proximity alarm for your driveway. That way, if anybody gets in the vicinity, you'll know. Racoons and other lil shits might **** you off though.

bri487
09-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I think that law is only in Florida. In TN, I believe that have to pose a credible threat to your life, not your property.

in cali, if someone is in your house robbing you, that is considered a life threatening act.

bri487
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
you might look into a small motorcycle battery, hidden, as a backup.

small tractor batteries are the ****. check to make sure they are 12v though.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Florida is the ****, I suppose... I didnt know this about the other states. Here, if anyone is even unrightfully on your property (not even in your residence), you can kill them;)

dkguitarist
09-20-2006, 06:45 PM
regardless i'd shoot to injure here. if my 2 way pager were to go off, i'd grab my .357, turn on all the outside lights, go into the backyard, and shoot one off into the driveway and scare the little fukkers off. there's about a 6 foot fence in our backyard, so they can't see into the backyard. and my car is parked where you can see it from the backyard fence. tehe. but those lil piezo/pain generator sirens should be enough to send them running with their ears bleeding if you do it right.

CJL
09-20-2006, 06:53 PM
First ill pop a couple rounds in the air and if they still continue to take something then ill aim for the legs

jeepintn
09-20-2006, 07:17 PM
back in highschool, i had razorblades screwed onto the backside of my radio trim cover, so if anyone besides me tried taking that off, bad news for them :-\, also had them on the back of my box, of course back then i only had 2 jbl 12's, but still

bri487
09-20-2006, 08:43 PM
First ill pop a couple rounds in the air and if they still continue to take something then ill aim for the legs

why the leg, if the guy is armed, dont give him the heads up, drop him dead.

bri487
09-20-2006, 08:45 PM
back in highschool, i had razorblades screwed onto the backside of my radio trim cover, so if anyone besides me tried taking that off, bad news for them :-\, also had them on the back of my box, of course back then i only had 2 jbl 12's, but still

guys back in the 40's, 50's, 60's used to put razor blades behind their hub caps so when someone reached under the lip to yank them off, they would be lacking their fingertips. funny thing is that was/is illegal. werid how this world works.

CJL
09-20-2006, 08:49 PM
why the leg, if the guy is armed, dont give him the heads up, drop him dead.

well yea if i see that he is armed then i have no choice but to shoot to kill ;)

bri487
09-20-2006, 10:14 PM
well yea if i see that he is armed then i have no choice but to shoot to kill ;)

i dont know about the rest of you, but i'm not going to wait to see if he is armed. its just not a chance i am willing to take.

RFCV
09-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Regardless, I'd shoot to injure here. If my 2 way pager were to go off, I'd grab my .357, turn on all the outside lights, go into the backyard, and shoot one off into the driveway and scare the little fukkers off.

Same here, but my 16ga semi-auto with hollow point sabot slugs. Makes a BIG hole!! :eek:

But those lil piezo/pain generator sirens should be enough to send them running with their ears bleeding if you do it right.

:iagree: :escape:

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2006, 12:45 AM
When i'm at home I disarm the car siren and just leave the pager system on...I live for the moment of someone breaking into one of my rides...:) if they aren't armed...I have a $50 9 I bought off the street he will be armed after the last shot is fired...:D

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/Louisiana_CRX/Guns.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m24/Louisiana_CRX/9mm.jpg

AJē06
09-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Sweeeeet.

Trey803
09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Say helllo to my little freind

Flipx99
09-22-2006, 01:13 PM
In Tennessee, I would NOT recommend shooting somebody for stealing your car.

Generally, the rule of thumb is to shoot if you've been struck, and you cant get away for whatever reason. Also, if they pull a gun and you feel that you're in immediate danger.

Also, don't shoot to scare, and you don't shoot to injure. You shoot to kill.

I agree. Since you are also from TN/Nashville area, what would you reccomend?

937DYTBOI
09-22-2006, 01:20 PM
get a gun. as soon as you walk out packing heat, they'll leave. And yes, if they are on your property, robbin your car, you can shoot to kill :)

Well where im from you cant shoot somebody unless your life is in danger, only way you can shoot them legally here is if they are threathing your life by car jacking you. Law must be diffrent where yall stay

937DYTBOI
09-22-2006, 01:22 PM
guys back in the 40's, 50's, 60's used to put razor blades behind their hub caps so when someone reached under the lip to yank them off, they would be lacking their fingertips. funny thing is that was/is illegal. werid how this world works.

Somebody was just talking to me about doing this on their amps

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Well where im from you cant shoot somebody unless your life is in danger, only way you can shoot them legally here is if they are threathing your life by car jacking you. Law must be diffrent where yall stay

That is why you buy a gun off the street....even better when the serial numbers are filed...make sure it is wiped clean of all prints...keep it wrapped somewhere safe...keep it fully loaded...another tip...don't load it with same make or type of bullets you use..never touch the loaded bullets without gloves....because there will be an investigation...dispose of the packaging and left over bullets.....and receipt...don't pay with credit card either....

these are just protective pointers not intended for actual use...but things to keep in mind when some crack head theif is stealing what you've worked hard to buy don't think the theif is worried about your safety or belongings....for that matter they may torch your car after they rob it to hide any signs of them tampering with it.....protect what is rightfully yours and don't get punished for doing it...back in the pioneer days a theif was shot or killed over stealing a $3.00 chicken...they didn't put the person protecting the chicken under half the stuff you go through protecting $1000's in merchandise...

Flipx99
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I ain't trying to kill no one...just get them to leave.

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Theives are like roaches....Ever notice how they both scatter when you turn on a light???? The only way to rid yourself of them is start wiping them out...sometimes only one by one....if not they'll be back...to get you again or your neighbor....

RFCV
09-22-2006, 04:13 PM
That is why you buy a gun off the street....even better when the serial numbers are filed...make sure it is wiped clean of all prints...keep it wrapped somewhere safe...keep it fully loaded...another tip...don't load it with same make or type of bullets you use..never touch the loaded bullets without gloves....because there will be an investigation...dispose of the packaging and left over bullets.....and receipt...don't pay with credit card either....

**** Dave, with all that fire power (shown in the pic in your post) & talking above, I would guess you subscribe to "Guns & Ammo" & possibly with the mob as a hit man! :eyebrow:

NOTE: DO NOT MAKE DAVE MAD! :uhoh:

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Just don't try to break in to my car or home and try to steal my stuff...lol...I didn't post any pic of my shotguns....

Trey803
09-22-2006, 10:29 PM
So how many of those would even be legal to own?

Chevillac
09-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Youll get over it. Its easier than you think. people live with aids and other diseases everyday.

get a gun. as soon as you walk out packing heat, they'll leave. And yes, if they are on your property, robbin your car, you can shoot to kill :)
FL is good for that law. GA too.

Dam, did he die? Did they ever catch him?

So how many of those would even be legal to own?
All of them. I thinks that and Walmart super centers, is all teh south has on the north. hahaha.

Anyway, get a good alarm and youll be ok.

Louisiana_CRX
09-22-2006, 11:17 PM
I'd love for the theif to jump the fence and start across my field...it would sound like a war when I opened up that 75 round clip...I keep a night scope on one of my AK's just for an occasion like that :D

Flipx99
09-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Dam, did he die? Did they ever catch him?

No he's okay. Just disappointed that he can't have **** more than anything else.

Flipx99
09-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Anyway, get a good alarm and youll be ok.

Yeah, but the question is what do I do when it goes off? Which is why I like the piezo siren @ 130 dB kind of deal. Atleast they get temporary deafness out of the deal. Which alarm is easy to install? I don't need it to unlock doors and row down windows though.

Louisiana_CRX
09-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Interior sirens are cool...:)

RFCV
09-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but the question is what do I do when it goes off? Which is why I like the piezo siren @ 130dB kind of deal. At least they get temporary deafness out of the deal.

Check this out also: Paralyzing 140dB Siren

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001355/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2001355/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10101/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=Sirens

Which alarm is easy to install? I don't need it to unlock doors and roll down windows though.

The easiest to install are the self contained DIY alarms by Bulldog www.bulldogsecurity.com & DEI www.directed.com (Wasp/Hornet).
Simple + & - batt connections with the siren, shock sensor & current sensor built-in. The disadvantage with these alarms is you can't add-on sensors, sirens, etc...
The advantage is at least you have protection and it is sure better than nothing! ;)

* I would recommend the DEI alarms whether DIY or complete alarm system. Very reliable alarms and been in the biz a long time!

Chevillac
09-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Check your local laws or call a police answer center to find out how far you can take it, when defending your property...

Louisiana_CRX
09-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Check your local laws or call a police answer center to find out how far you can take it, when defending your property...

As long as they are armed it is self defense...like I posted earlier...if someone breaks in on me...they will be armed...that is taken care of ;)

Chevillac
09-24-2006, 04:56 AM
As long as they are armed it is self defense...like I posted earlier...if someone breaks in on me...they will be armed...that is taken care of ;)

Not everyone is like that though, im sayin for flipx. who knows there may be a law like in GA where you can shoot whoever the **** you want that is on your property hahaha.

Louisiana_CRX
09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Dang I didn't know that...I may have to move to GA....:)

I have 4 sensor placed around my property and a little box set up in the house...if something crosses path to any one of the sensors the box in my house beeps...there is a different pattern to each sensor so I know which sensor was set off. I also have several cameras set up to record if someone enters my property they are set up on motion record so they do not record all the time...I'll check the tape every so often to see if it has moved...If so I'll review it...so far only stray animals...meter readers or delivery people...but one can never be to safe :D