PDA

View Full Version : where to buy crossovers

ajm
09-20-2006, 03:17 AM
It seems as if one of the crossovers for my mtx tx6001 components has gone. The mid is fine,wiring is fine,amp is fine,but for some reason no sound of of the mid and the +/- reads 160 something ohms when the other one reads 4. Anyways does anyone know where I can buy some crossovers. I checked partsexpress.com but that wasnt exactly what I was looking for it seemed as if all they had was the electronics themselves. Im not really lookin to spend more than $40 bucks or so if at all possible. Thanks.

AJē06
09-20-2006, 03:38 AM
ebay? :D Im guessing here

atoz350
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeah go on ebay. I bought some OZ Audio Vector series crossovers for a friend for 13 bucks. Search for "passive crossovers"

JimJ
09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Thing is, you're going to need to find ones that pretty closely match the slopes and Xover points of your old ones, or you're going to change the sound at best and damage the drivers at worst...

Open it up and see if it's a loose connection, there's nothing in a crossover that could go "bad" other than a bad solder joint.

frzninvt
09-20-2006, 02:09 PM
The standard crossover point in a 5.25 or 6.5 two way system is 2500Hz, I have three pair on eBay right now with the best ones being the a/d/s 335is networks that are bi-wireable, have a three position tweeter switch, midrange contour switch and are made with premium coils and caps. If you want them they are your's for $20 plus shipping.

bholtmeier
09-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm having the problem where my crossover is causing my amp to go out. ****in pissed me off i bought them brand new and that happens, now im gonna have to spend 40 bucks to get new ones from polk. what a waste. So now i'm gonna have to listen to one channel for a couple weeks, it *****.

bholtmeier
09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Would they work with my Polk's? Does that make a difference

squeak9798
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
The standard crossover point in a 5.25 or 6.5 two way system is 2500Hz,

That is an extreme over-generalization.

squeak9798
09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm having the problem where my crossover is causing my amp to go out. ****in pissed me off i bought them brand new and that happens, now im gonna have to spend 40 bucks to get new ones from polk. what a waste. So now i'm gonna have to listen to one channel for a couple weeks, it *****.

Are you sure it's the passive xover, and not the mid itself ?

Have you measured the DCR of the mid itself, not through the passive ?

ajm
09-21-2006, 03:54 AM
Thing is, you're going to need to find ones that pretty closely match the slopes and Xover points of your old ones, or you're going to change the sound at best and damage the drivers at worst...

Open it up and see if it's a loose connection, there's nothing in a crossover that could go "bad" other than a bad solder joint.

Sounds good. Ill definetly check it out because that seems what the problem is. The mid kept cutting on/off for a good while when id hit a bump or crank on the bass (crossovers are mounted ontop of the box of 3 L7's). Then finally it just quit workin for a good two weeks. Today I cranked on the bass and sure enough its back to normal and instead of reading 160 something ohms its now reading 4 so when I get some time ill see if I can find a loose connection somewhere inside.

bholtmeier
09-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Are you sure it's the passive xover, and not the mid itself ?

Have you measured the DCR of the mid itself, not through the passive ?

I'm sure it's the x'over. Somehow squeezing the top on the bottom together on it make it work......So i got it duct taped to hold the sides together. must be some sort of loose connectio, beyond me.

ajm
09-21-2006, 10:19 PM
yup, pretty sure its the crossover. Ive checked the mid as well as played it else where and its fine.