PDA

View Full Version : How do you know??????

screamerbolt
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
I am going to get rid of the 4 15's I have in my truck now and run 2 15's in a ported box instead.My question is how do you know what size to make the box?What size to make the port?The subs are made by Elevation audio.The website tells you what size to make the box if its a sealed enclosure but not if its ported.I thought I had read about this on here somewhere before but I cant find it now.

PESteele
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
have someone make you plans

screamerbolt
09-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the reply but i would really like to figure this out and do it myself.also how do you know what frequency you want it tuned to?

screamerbolt
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
I am amazed that no one can answer this

reneeb7363
09-18-2006, 08:09 PM
send a pm to 80--- (search for his name) he is the BEST HELP for designers!

hoss
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I am amazed that no one can answer this

someone already did...

but to answer your question more specifically, you look at the T/S of the woofer in question, and you plan your box according to those, the final product you are looking to achieve (SPL, SQ, daily, loud daily...), the power you are applying, and the space you have to work with. then to figure the port, there is a mathematical calculation that you can use to determine the port length in comparison to the port area (remember to account for port displacement in your box ;) )

if you dont know what you are looking for when you look at the T/S, or you dont understand anything in the T/S, or if you are unfamiliar with what the T/S are, you get someone to design your box for you ;)