PDA

View Full Version : Bassbullet "anyone"

mobeious
09-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Has anyone seen these they are suppost to get rid of any standing ways in the encloser and sound good as hell watch the video on the site

www.conceptsonwheels.com/bassbullet

thatkidbob
09-17-2006, 09:21 PM
not an efficient use of space... besides, its sealed.

baseballer1100
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
not an efficient use of space... besides, its sealed.

whats wrong with sealed?

Death By Bass
09-17-2006, 09:54 PM
whats wrong with sealed?

the fact that the shape of a sealed enclosure really isn't going to make any difference to the sound, because standing waves in a sealed enclosure make no difference, seeing as you're only listening to the front of the speaker anyway :p:

xluben
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
you know it's not loud if you can hear:

anything but bass
or
people talking while the music's playing

:)

Colt9699
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
kinda looks like *******...... (o)v(o)

baseballer1100
09-18-2006, 12:55 AM
the fact that the shape of a sealed enclosure really isn't going to make any difference to the sound, because standing waves in a sealed enclosure make no difference, seeing as you're only listening to the front of the speaker anyway :p:

He acted like it was bad because it was sealed. That is all.

thatkidbob
09-18-2006, 02:18 AM
no sir... its just that the standing wave cancellation, as DBB pointed out, is BS. in addition it's a waste of space because a regular wooden box with the same footprint has more airpace which equals more output. also... not only is it space inefficient, its small... most subs would perfer more airspace...

basically, you can do better for less.

UndercoverPunk
09-18-2006, 11:31 AM
no sir... its just that the standing wave cancellation, as DBB pointed out, is BS. in addition it's a waste of space because a regular wooden box with the same footprint has more airpace which equals more output. also... not only is it space inefficient, its small... most subs would perfer more airspace...

basically, you can do better for less.
But the entire point of that is the cosmetics, which are good, but completely not worth it IMO, in his, it's probably a pimptacular investment.

ssj2xxgotenxx
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
you know it's not loud if you can hear:

anything but bass
or
people talking while the music's playing

:)

That's not music, that's just bass. There is a difference between, "classy bass" and "ghetto bass."

PowerNaudio
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
That's not music, that's just bass. There is a difference between, "classy bass" and "ghetto bass."

im curious as to what classy bass sounds and ghetto bass sounds like.
not moking you or anything, but what is the diffrence?

heyman421
09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
bass is getting so pretentious anymore.......

UndercoverPunk
09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
bass is getting so pretentious anymore.......
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/5241/tafkalolrm3.jpg

ssj2xxgotenxx
09-19-2006, 03:18 AM
im curious as to what classy bass sounds and ghetto bass sounds like.
not moking you or anything, but what is the diffrence?

You got your SQ bass that flows with your music, and then you got the driveby bass blastings.

azimuth
09-19-2006, 03:32 AM
is there any airspace measurements on it? type r's do like small sealed enclosures. mine are in .925 and sound good. specs say .85. call me lame, but i like the booby look.

iamamp3pimp
09-19-2006, 06:39 AM
they look kinda tight

phyphoestilic
09-19-2006, 06:43 AM
I would never get them. It looks weak, nothing better than the look people have when they see the huge freaking box in ur trunk. :D

iamamp3pimp
09-19-2006, 06:49 AM
espically is it isnt carpeted.....they are like thats ehhh, its ugly

it cant be loud

*have a seat*

"I stand corrected"

lawl

PowerNaudio
09-19-2006, 07:03 AM
You got your SQ bass that flows with your music, and then you got the driveby bass blastings.

i know what tuning for SQ bass, SQL bass, SPL bass. and even some in between bass, im still tryig to learn how to get that SQPL tuning that so many people keep asking for. lol , but i have never been asked to designed or build a driveby bass blastings system.lol i guess im old school.

on that video they didnt realy play enogh music and or with a quality camera or profesional audio mic for me be able to hear what the hell whats being played there. so i can make a resonable judgement on the sound Q of the enclosures them self.
but i read the review, and by the looks of it. the enclosure is a just a small sealed one, shaped like a bullet, full fiberglass case, that adds no harmonics to the music. so appart from being a silent enclosure. at subsonic freqs. and help the appropiate sub play the recorded music acurately. "by what the reviewer said" i think is a nice looking enclosure,
there are some subs that may be able to take advantage of a small enclosure like that. and look good in an install, but just like lambo doors. they look good on some cars and like crap in others. and once everyones got them in a car show, is back to the drawing board. and for the custom installs to shine. bullet shaped sealed enclosures, its just another selling gimic to me.

Raven
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
The round sealed enclosures are not really for anything but cosmetics, as stated. Ported enclosures like that are said to have a lot of benefits. They're called "Halo Enclosures" and are shaped like two eggs, one laid in the other, suspended by support beams.

nVRuckus
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
they look kinda tight

I was thinking a ported one with the port following the flow of the bullet on the bottom might be interesting to hear.

heyman421
09-20-2006, 05:08 PM
I was thinking a ported one with the port following the flow of the bullet on the bottom might be interesting to hear.

looks rather small to be ported

zachzchw
09-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Has anyone seen these they are suppost to get rid of any standing ways in the encloser and sound good as hell watch the video on the site

www.conceptsonwheels.com/bassbullet

I hate standing ways in my encloser, thats for sure.

heyman421
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
oh, but baby i love your way(s)