PDA

View Full Version : Its almost time

Zerim
09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Getting ready to start the boxes for my two 12's PG rSD's. Ha in a jeep wrangler so these boxes are going to be fiberglass around my tube frame. Anyways before i finalize everything i wanted peoples opinions my plan is 2cu at 30hz for each. Wanting some really nice solid low's but be able to keep up with the higher bass. I'm thinking i may lose a little of top end with it at 30 but think those lows will make up for it. This is my first time working with glass, on a box atleast i've done body kits and such. i'm going to be using fiberglass mat, around a frame that is going to have a base of 3/4 mdf that is bolted to my frame. Doing this so i do not have to touch glass to the jeep. Do you think i'll get the sound i want out of this? please let me know im very underexprience is the diffrenent "sounds" of woofers.

Zerim
09-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Ok one other question when i'm fiberglassing a ported enclosure, just make the port part of the fiberglass frame. But now to do tune it i'm also going to have to add the area the fiberglass takes up to the tuning measurement correct?