PDA

View Full Version : RE MX 12's Help

MassOccur
09-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Ok. I'm trying to figure out box size, port displacement, port area and all this crap and it's confusing the hell out of me to be honest.

I have an extended cab GMC Sierra, Dimensions I'm using are 53" Length, 13.5" Height, 13" Deep with 3"s of MDF all around except for top and bottom so that the box takes up as much as possible in the back. It comes out to 5.38xx cubes and I heard the MX's like small enclosures. I'm trying to figure out a good number for port area, but don't know much about the MX's since I like to plan before I purchase. I planned on using 4 4" Flared Aero ports and tuning it to 38Hz. Subs facing up and ports facing up as well in the middle. I really have no idea what to do because of all the intricate things that need to be accounted for. If someone could design a box for me, It would be GREATLY appreciated. Any help is wonderful. Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help a confused guy out.

If I left out any info, please post so and I'll post it.

walkychalky
09-16-2006, 02:02 AM
never heard about anyone who have used the mx's b4......looks like ur the guinea pig

CJL
09-16-2006, 02:04 AM
PM 90accordman (http://www.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=10791) he has a Mx and could prolly help you

MassOccur
09-16-2006, 02:12 AM
I've been discussing it with 90Accordman...We're both confused as all hell. I'm trying to keep the install clean as hell for SQ and my truck will be for Shows and on nice Summer Days, so yeah...I'm really having a tough time with this one.

90accordman
09-16-2006, 02:24 AM
never heard about anyone who have used the mx's b4......looks like ur the guinea pig

i got it, im talking to him , he doesnt want a normal box lol

MassOccur
09-16-2006, 04:22 AM
I think I figured out a solution. I'm tired as hell now though, but I'll just do an amp rack on each side of the box eliminating the need for the box to be so wide, and I'll just make it taller so that it's easier to get the port area that I need. I'll do some messin' around tomorrow once I get a program to design everything with on here and post up some pictures and see what ya'll's input is.