PDA

View Full Version : Port Calculations

Zerim
09-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Ok i need a little help here. I'm at work so i cant sit here and figure out what my port dimensions need to be. Probably couldnt do it on my own anyways, maybe when i start school again and re-learn algebra. Anyways i'm getting 2 PG 12's RSD today after work. Was wondering if someone could give me the port demensions on a 2cu box tuned to 30hz

Another quick question as well. When i build this box its going to be a odd shape, will this affect anything with my port? ill be sure to make room for the proper port dimesions, but will the box not being square affect anything?

Thank you.

danteBirosel
09-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Yes, the enclosure not being a square, will affect it's volume. With the enclosure not having that proper volume, it will be hard to calculate the port area, displacement, etc.

-Dante

Trixter
09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
the shape will not matter as long as you have the proper volume. make sure to account for port displacement and make sure that the port stays square, or round, it's entire length. make sure you put it in a place in the enclosure so it can maintain this.

i could give you port dimensions but i don't know the box or port area your looking to work with.

Zerim
09-15-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the link Jman much help. I'm sure i can keep the dimesions needed for the port. hope i can figure all this out by this weekend, going to be an exprience. lol