PDA

View Full Version : Starting DJ buisness,advice 4 equipment

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Me and a friend are starting a Dj buisness. We will be branching off from my uncles video buisness Video-Spots. So no paperwork will be needed as of right now.
Now my question is as far as equipment what should we anticipate on buying. First off we will not be doing a lot of mixing, due to the fact are clients will be a wedding party,only mix at the dance session. I plan on doing a computer(rackmount it) and have a 15" touchscreen(i plan on molding it into the rack for looks and ease) an a sound mixer around 5-10 channels. i need atleast 2 mic inputs(probally go wireless,so just 1) now i am probally goin to run a sub using a plate amp(around 1000watts,why so high? because i need to be able to fill a hotel ball room and its room to go loud or less) speakers is the main issue. i intend on a good 4 way setup.
oh and i really would like big speakers(for looks) but i want to keep the sound dynamic as possible. so advise me tweeters speakers and midbass. and designs for enclosures thank you.

posted here because Home audio is more involved than any kind. thank you

SQ SQ SQ SQ SQ SQ SQ SQ SQ! no need for SPL for this thread,maybe 1 SQL

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
For a plate amp for the sub(thinking 2 SE's or maybe a Fi Q 15"s i was thinking of this
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-808
another amp for speakers maybe buy 2 of these
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=245-692&ctab=2#Tabs
for tweeters what about these vifa's, i hear the efficiency is really good so its enough to get really loud
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-555

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:13 AM
DIY does that mean Do it Yourself? if so, yes

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:18 AM
oh, cool. just post up sone links to the speakers you want.

What kind of xovers are you going to use?

plan to go active i guess. please recocomend some speakers. need to be big for looks otherwise i'll use multiple per pillar and cover it with grill clothe

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
For a plate amp for the sub(thinking 2 SE's or maybe a Fi Q 15"s i was thinking of this
another amp for speakers maybe buy 2 of these
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=245-692&ctab=2#Tabs
for tweeters what about these vifa's, i hear the efficiency is really good so its enough to get really loud
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-555

input on this please

djman37
09-14-2006, 05:20 PM
decware wicked one's or a housewrecker w/2 or 4 15's.
decware also makes a sub only Imperial folded horn for large areas too.

partsexpress for mid/tweet horns. active XO and you won't need much power for the setup.

all horn loaded:yumyum: :yumyum:

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
:yumyum: thats lots of power. Sounds like fun. What woofers?

thinking 2 SE's or maybe a Fi Q 15"s

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
no i meant to play mids

oh sorry. i havent really explored that yet. i dont seem to know what is a good brand
and a 12-15in maybe even 18" midwoofer. give me some input

springy101
09-14-2006, 05:32 PM
wouldnt you want a ribbon tweeer for this kind of thing?

springy101
09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
or maybe even a line array, that would rule

djman37
09-14-2006, 05:35 PM
wouldnt you want a ribbon tweeer for this kind of thing?

ribbons and retards(dancing people) don't mix from my experience.

springy101
09-14-2006, 05:37 PM
lol, are saying they break em

badandyturbo
09-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I have a set of stage EV Force 15's the have tweeters built in. I also have a Mackie 15" powered sub. I use a QSC amp for the EV's

thadman
09-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Ribbon Line-array would own...

I dont understand how the environment would affect them anymore than it would affect a normal dome tweeter?

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 05:46 PM
or maybe even a line array, that would rule

like this
http://imlight.by/images/photos/109.jpg

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
what if i did a line array with poly mids from AA ,4 on each stand with 100 watts goin to each mid then run a single tweeter on each stand.

i intend on 4 stands, i'll come up with a design and post it here in a bit

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 06:12 PM
My design in mind, there will be 4 of these stands, and i intend on only the mainn 2 stands to have a sub, about 300-600 watts each

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1038/draft1ur2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

brandontw
09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Im sort of confused, im inclined to reccomend PA/Prosound type of equipment but you say your in need of SQ, no SPL, Ive never seen a DJ without a system capable of pumping out some DB's.

PA system typically dont have that bad of SQ though, a horn and a big woofer can be quite effective, i would reccomend something like that for the speakers, as for the amps, it looks like you have that handled.

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Im sort of confused, im inclined to reccomend PA/Prosound type of equipment but you say your in need of SQ, no SPL, Ive never seen a DJ without a system capable of pumping out some DB's.

PA system typically dont have that bad of SQ though, a horn and a big woofer can be quite effective, i would reccomend something like that for the speakers, as for the amps, it looks like you have that handled.

i dont mind having bass, its just i dont need throbbing bass, it will annoy the ***** out of the wedding party. but what do you reccomend for a speaker and tweets?

brandontw
09-14-2006, 09:55 PM
SQ and SPL doesnt only apply to bass, i thought you were reffering to the speakers when you said all that about SQ.

I would agree that you dont need a big SPL sub system.

As for reccomending speakers, i dont know if im qualified..but that doesnt stop everyone else from doing it... gimme a bit.

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
i want a sub for the lows(thinkin along the lines of SE's) then i want good midbass drivers then i want good midrange drivers and of course the tweets for the highs on up. So that would make it a 4 way setup. all insights are welcome. What do you think of my 4 polymid idea?

brandontw
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-472

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=290-536

UndercoverPunk
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
:eyebrow: What do I think...

I think you have no IDEA what you're talking about.

Sorry... but come on...

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
:eyebrow: What do I think...

I think you have no IDEA what you're talking about.

Sorry... but come on...

are you talking about me? if so why don't you please advise me in the right direction

UndercoverPunk
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
You are too novice to the audio field to be designing PA systems and charging money to play them at weddings and the like.

Pro audio is not that easy. Getting sound quality out of a cluster like that will not be fun either.

Get something tried and true. B&W_EE on here has YEARS of experience in the world of pro audio. I don't know how willing he is to help, but he's definately going to be a good place to start.

Megalomaniac
09-14-2006, 10:13 PM
You are too novice to the audio field to be designing PA systems and charging money to play them at weddings and the like.

Pro audio is not that easy. Getting sound quality out of a cluster like will not be fun either.

Get something tried and true. B&W_EE on here has YEARS of experience in the world of pro audio. I don't know how willing he is to help, but he's definately going to be a good place to start.

I didn't plan on starting right away. thats kinda why i created this thread, i wanted some input to steer me in the right direction. and it will be branching off my uncles video buisness(which i help with the editing and setting up and tear down at production events) so i have a bit of time to do research...
so please advise,advise me a forum in this topic i'd join if it will help me out. but i do want your insights as well.

SAG3
09-15-2006, 03:45 AM
uh, buy the speakers you idiot.

http://pssl.com/categories.tpl~str_category~PR~uid~200609142351382 3~TType~5

LoudCrownVic
09-15-2006, 03:56 AM
Buy an old sony boombox and put it on your shoulder fulla D batteries = street dance.

brandontw
09-15-2006, 05:33 AM
Buy an old sony boombox and put it on your shoulder fulla D batteries = street dance.

Hellatite!!

brandontw
09-15-2006, 05:36 AM
uh, buy the speakers you idiot.

http://pssl.com/categories.tpl~str_category~PR~uid~200609142351382 3~TType~5 (http://pssl.com/categories.tpl%7Estr_category%7EPR%7Euid%7E2006091 423513823%7ETType%7E5)

I would tend to agree, unless your going for the "OOOOHH AAAAAHH" factor, i wouldent bother building your own when you can buy a decent set of DJ speaks for pretty cheap... You could still make a sub system though...

ballstothewall
09-15-2006, 01:44 PM

Pro audio is not that easy. Getting sound quality out of a cluster like that will not be fun either.

I was wondering when someone was going to say something along those lines.

Bolognablake
09-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Honestly, I built a set of speakers very, very similar to these and I think they'd work well for what you want to do:

http://www.partsexpress.com/projectshowcase/magna/index.html

They will fill a High School cafeteria, and an auxiliary gym. I've only DJ'd at a couple local high schools and a few house parties, so I don't know how well they would do at a larger venue with high ceilings, such as a union hall.

In smaller venues, they don't need a subwoofer, and I'm just powering them with a 100x2 Pioneer Elite amp.

ballstothewall
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Just remember, Headroom FTMFW!

JimJ
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Two/three words...

Klipsch La Scala.

/kthx

ballstothewall
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Two/three words...

Klipsch La Scala.

/kthx

You'll buy a pair for my dorm??

Geee thanks.:yumyum:

Megalomaniac
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.klipsch.com/media/Photos/LaScalaII_lifestyle_2_large.jpg

JimJ
09-15-2006, 11:00 PM
That's the home audio version, those look too pretty :)

These: http://cgi.ebay.com/klipsch-La-Scala-Speakers-Industrial-Model-One-Pair_W0QQitemZ140028496943QQihZ004QQcategoryZ61378 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem are meant for touring :D

ballstothewall
09-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Tempting to bid on those...

JimJ
09-15-2006, 11:08 PM
I never found out what happened with the guy who was selling a pair of K-horns, La Scalas, and Cornwall II's about an hour from me.

Think he sold all of them though, they were minty :(

joetama
09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Da taada da.... I'm here to direct the TARDS lol.....

First of all..... DIY PA is harder than DIY home.... For several reasons. First off let me ask some simple easy to understand questions for all the little kiddies out here....

1. How much are you getting paid?
2. How many people are you going to be covering?
3. Where do you live? (This affects the type of music you will be listening to)
4. Will these be "upscale" events or "back yard" deals?
5. How often are you going to be moving this stuff around?

Ok, so why do I ask the questions I ask? You have to factor into how much you are making for the budget you spend on your PA. If you make 15k a year you wouldn’t buy a 50k PA like a curvilinear line array with subs. Second, if you are going to be covering 20 people you don’t need as many boxes as you would if you were covering 200 people. That said no two jobs are going to be the same so you want the system to be build able, meaning for one job you might use 2 high boxes a side and a sub, but for another job you might only use 1 high box a side and no sub. There is no point in dragging PA out that you don’t need to use. Third, if you are going to be playing rock and roll dual front loaded 18”s, stupid wedding music 15” 18” hybrid box, rap you need more subs. The Pro Audio and sound reinforcement world is completely different that the car audio world. I know you said that thing about using car audio drivers, DON’T. PA drivers are made for PA applications; car audio drivers are made for that application. Think of it this way, a PA driver that weighs 15lbs vs. a car audio driver that weighs 50lbs now put it in a box that weighs 50lbs. Which would you want to move if you had two drivers in that box? I know that everyone on here is strong into the DIY, but for Pro-Audio to do it right I wouldn’t even touch DIY. You need something with a good strong horn and a good 12” for your top box. You want something with a solid dispersion pattern around 60x40. (DIY you would never be able to match that 12” and the horn). Subwoofer wise, depending on your needs I would say either a sub with two 18’s or a 15 and a 18. I will post some links for you to look at later today.

But, I am also throwing this warning out to you. There is a lot more equipment that you need than you think. You are going to need a mixer that is good first off, wireless mics are not cheap, I would get two compressor/limiters for the mics, and EQ between the mixer and the speakers with decent processing in it, all your necessary cables, including correct power. If you go unpowered you will need to get processors if you go powered cabinets they will be more money….

I will send you some links….. Good luck is all I got for you…. It’s not as easy as you think…

Also, what are you going to be playing the music to the system with? If it’s a laptop think again unless you want a really good mixer and a few DI’s in-between.

Megalomaniac
09-16-2006, 02:30 PM
1. $500 per pary for 5hrs average , otherwise $1100 for upscale
2. usually 250 people up to maybe 400
3.I live in TX, but the type of music will most likely be Cultural(Indian,Hindi, and Panjabi type music ,the panjbi music is dance..
4. event are held in an banquet hall,like Anatole or Intercontinental
5. moving around for different events, so setep is required for each event.

joetama
09-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Ok.... Well decent money.... So, let me put some stuff together for you....

Basically EV, JBL, or Yorkville Speakers
Behringer, Yamaha, or Such for Mixer
Senheiser or Shure wireless on mics
Tascam CD/Tape Player
Behringer or Ashly Audio comps and prsc
Unpowered Speakers.... QSC Amps all the way....

Some of this stuff you can find on sound broker for ultra cheap...

I'll lay it out for you.... Just give me sometime. I got nothing better to do lol....

Megalomaniac
09-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Ok.... Well decent money.... So, let me put some stuff together for you....

Basically EV, JBL, or Yorkville Speakers
Behringer, Yamaha, or Such for Mixer
Senheiser or Shure wireless on mics
Tascam CD/Tape Player
Behringer or Ashly Audio comps and prsc

I'll lay it out for you.... Just give me sometime. I got nothing better to do lol....

thanks but i got to weddings to do the video also, and i noticed most of the Dj's have way too much bass and not enough clarity coming from the speakers. and i dont really ike the sound JBl puts out

noob with an RS
09-16-2006, 08:47 PM
can you rap?

Megalomaniac
09-16-2006, 08:50 PM
can you rap?

most middle eastern people dont like rap only rap song i have heard at a wedding was "Yeah" by usher featuring LIL jon.

noob with an RS
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
but if you rap youll get the old ladies to get jiggy with it on the dance floor thus proclaiming yourself as the ultimate boogie dj meister

brandontw
09-16-2006, 09:40 PM
JBL eon's are a pretty nice speaker, they sound suprisingly clear and smooth, and they are very durable, and portable. They are affordable and come in many different versions including, powered, unpowered, and 10", 12", and 15"

JimJ
09-16-2006, 09:41 PM
You're a videographer as well? You know what you're getting into by doing both, right? :)

Most of the weddings around here that we do don't have DJ's, they have live bands, so the equipment considerations are a bit different :D The last one was way overpowered for the venue; like a 250 seat ballroom and their main stacks were easily 10' high. Sounded good, but just a tad too loud :)

joetama
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Well.... The things is all in how you have the system tuned.... JBL speakers are actually pretty harsh in the high end when they are ran flat, but most people when tuning them down take too much high end out of them which gives them that “mud” or “mid” sound. You are correct in saying that most DJ system sound muddy and not good at all, every time I go to a concert or party I usually cringe when I have to listen to the PA. It is because they do not have them tuned correctly. Most people have no ears for tuning and they do not understand the idea of a "natural" sound. They want "BASS" which means they have too much midrange too. If you want ultra amounts of clarity go with Meyer Ultra Powered Series (UPA or UPJ), but that is WAY out of your budget unless you really want to go into a killer system. You also have not said how much you would be willing to spend on the compete system either, that would help a lot.

Yorkville's are very clean and pretty well setup. Another speaker if you are looking for clarity is Bag End which are cheaper than Meyers but will need external amps. I still stick with the 12" Mid Woofer and a horn is the best PA Loudspeaker setup of all time.

Basically how much can you tune on your own? How experienced are you with this type of equipment? And, how much is your TOTAL budget for this DJ system?

Megalomaniac
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Well.... The things is all in how you have the system tuned.... JBL speakers are actually pretty harsh in the high end when they are ran flat, but most people when tuning them down take too much high end out of them which gives them that “mud” or “mid” sound. You are correct in saying that most DJ system sound muddy and not good at all, every time I go to a concert or party I usually cringe when I have to listen to the PA. It is because they do not have them tuned correctly. Most people have no ears for tuning and they do not understand the idea of a "natural" sound. They want "BASS" which means they have too much midrange too. If you want ultra amounts of clarity go with Meyer Ultra Powered Series (UPA or UPJ), but that is WAY out of your budget unless you really want to go into a killer system. You also have not said how much you would be willing to spend on the compete system either, that would help a lot.

Yorkville's are very clean and pretty well setup. Another speaker if you are looking for clarity is Bag End which are cheaper than Meyers but will need external amps. I still stick with the 12" Mid Woofer and a horn is the best PA Loudspeaker setup of all time.

Basically how much can you tune on your own? How experienced are you with this type of equipment? And, how much is your TOTAL budget for this DJ system?

budget...not really wanting to go more than $2000 for the speakers and amps

Megalomaniac
09-17-2006, 07:26 PM
You're a videographer as well? You know what you're getting into by doing both, right? :)

Most of the weddings around here that we do don't have DJ's, they have live bands, so the equipment considerations are a bit different :D The last one was way overpowered for the venue; like a 250 seat ballroom and their main stacks were easily 10' high. Sounded good, but just a tad too loud :)

Video-Spots we are soldiers when it comes to video and audio,nothing will stop us ,we can handle it:up2somet:

http://www.toy-soldiers-etc.com/zen/images/all3sets.jpg

Megalomaniac
09-17-2006, 07:27 PM
JBL eon's are a pretty nice speaker, they sound suprisingly clear and smooth, and they are very durable, and portable. They are affordable and come in many different versions including, powered, unpowered, and 10", 12", and 15"

http://xs18.xs.to/pics/05093/JBL.png

yeah right....

I really want to stay away from JBL

joetama
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey I dont blame you. We call JBL Junk But Loud.... Which is what most people are looking for.

For that price Meyer and Bag End are going to be too much money. Which leaves Yorkville and EV. Do you have anything against Electro-Voice or the Canadians? lol..

So $2000 for good quality Pro-Amps and Pro-Speakers.... Hmmmm

Well lets say you go with 4 top boxes and 2 subs total (2 top boxes and 1 sub perside)
That would be only $333.33 per speaker not include amplification and processors.

If you wanted to go with 2 top boxes and 2 subs (1 top box and 1 sub perside)
That would still only be $500 per speaker not including amplification and processors.

So, my point being don't expect too much out of $2000.

Ok, so lets say you went with the smallest system I would use for 200+ ppl.

2 Meyer UPA-1A and 1 PSW-4 Perside (these are powered so you don't need amps or processors)
2x $2500 + 1x $1875 = $6875 perside so $13750 Def Out of Budget...

So, lets see if we go cheap with something from EV which isn't going to sound nearly as good but would get the job done.

2x (Eliminator i Double) $660 + 1x (Eliminator i Sub) $500 = $1820 per side so $3640 which is OB

Plus amplification.... 4x QSC RMX2450 (4x $650 = $2600)
Added together total $6240

OR
2x (SXa250) $799 + 1x (Sba760) $1500 = $3098 perside so $6196 which is OB but powered.

Point being.... Get a bigger budget or work smaller gigs or get some really crappy gear.

I would go witht he powered SXa250 and the Sba760 system if I was you...

80INCHES
09-17-2006, 08:15 PM
get 1 of these(i use to build pa boxes for my freind and with 2 of these he would shake onings on houses)
http://www.fane-acoustics.com/public_html/media/pdf_media/COL15B_600.PDF
use this plate amp for it(if u choose to go this route)
for rack amp (if u want to run it straight from the amp which i would do but u need other processors to let it play specific frequencies)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=245-466
and heres a more efficient horn
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=280-050&CFID=1989966&CFTOKEN=88071990

80INCHES
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey I dont blame you. We call JBL Junk But Loud.... Which is what most people are looking for.

For that price Meyer and Bag End are going to be too much money. Which leaves Yorkville and EV. Do you have anything against Electro-Voice or the Canadians? lol..

whoa u said bagend
that good stuff right there

but imma take it back even further.,............COMMUNITY PROFFESIONAL LOUDSPEAKERS:up2somet:
i know that rings alot of bells
i still have there old catologs

ballstothewall
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
If you want a different rack amp, I might be willing to sell my Behringer EP2500 :)

UndercoverPunk
09-17-2006, 08:19 PM
no offense 80, but... eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

80INCHES
09-17-2006, 08:36 PM

why eww
thats good stuff right there

UndercoverPunk
09-17-2006, 08:43 PM
why eww
thats good stuff right there

That mid horn doesn't have my attention.

joetama
09-17-2006, 08:47 PM
whoa u said bagend
that good stuff right there

but imma take it back even further.,............COMMUNITY PROFFESIONAL LOUDSPEAKERS:up2somet:
i know that rings alot of bells
i still have there old catologs

Community Does make some killer stuff. We use the R2's R6's and R.5HP's for a lot of our Dime Store Stuff. Back in the day we used to use the Install Series stuff for churches and such type things. Also, I'm not sure they model but we call them Jr's (Juniors) they are a 1.5 inch horn with 2x 8's. They will scream, and sound beautiful doing it.

What's wrong with Community J? I'm not a huge fan of their new stuff outside of the R series but they still sound better than some.

UndercoverPunk
09-17-2006, 08:58 PM
What's wrong with Community J? I'm not a huge fan of their new stuff outside of the R series but they still sound better than some.

I was referring to this post.

get 1 of these(i use to build pa boxes for my freind and with 2 of these he would shake onings on houses)
http://www.fane-acoustics.com/public_html/media/pdf_media/COL15B_600.PDF
use this plate amp for it(if u choose to go this route)
for rack amp (if u want to run it straight from the amp which i would do but u need other processors to let it play specific frequencies)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=245-466
and heres a more efficient horn
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=280-050&CFID=1989966&CFTOKEN=88071990

joetama
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I was referring to this post.

Ah, my bad.... I would have to agree ewww on that.... LOL...

brandontw
09-17-2006, 10:53 PM
http://xs18.xs.to/pics/05093/JBL.png

yeah right....

I really want to stay away from JBL

LOL whatever, but if you want your whole system for under 2000, its something to consider.

And another thing to keep in mind, is that while it will be satisfying for you to have a really nice system, the majority of your customers wont appreciate it, people at wedding receptions arent looking for immaculate acoustic reproduction, they want their favorite songs, played loud with plenty of bass for them to shake their bootys to... Most people wouldent think any less of you for coming into a venue with a pair of JBL's, but i understand your need for good stuff.

joetama
09-17-2006, 11:38 PM
JBL stuff isn't that cheap really.... It's competitively priced with the EV gear so it's not like it is ultra cheap. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is true one way. Meaning if it's cheap it's junk and if it's expensive it doesn't mean it's good ;)....

brandontw
09-18-2006, 01:19 AM
JBL stuff isn't that cheap really.... It's competitively priced with the EV gear so it's not like it is ultra cheap. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is true one way. Meaning if it's cheap it's junk and if it's expensive it doesn't mean it's good ;)....

http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-SF25-Speakers-1-Pair_W0QQitemZ130026620604QQihZ003QQcategoryZ47094 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thats pretty cheap. I cant personally vouch for the sound quality of these, as i have never heard them, but 500 is pretty freikin cheap for a set of decent PA speakers. that would leave 1500 for amps, subs and computer or something.

joetama
09-18-2006, 03:07 AM
That would be 1 pair of Loudspeakers, he would need 1 more pair and then subs.... So they are priced the same as USED EV... Plus those are used, and used PA speaker off ebay, seriously think about why they couldn't resell them some where else. A place that sells REAL sound equipment like sound broker or something of the like...