PDA

View Full Version : Home sub idea

JimJ
09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I like the first idea better...

JimJ
09-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Because I'd prefer the single Dayton over those other drivers you mentioned...seems like the cost would be less as well.

backtofront001
09-13-2006, 10:00 PM
I have a 12" W0 that is for sale

Mugen
09-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Not wanting to hijack your thread man, but how do you hook up car audio subs for home audio? Every home audio person I've talked to said it wasn't worth the trouble and to not even bother, all I want to do is get a decent and cheap 10" to add on my PC (I have a 6.5" Klipsch right now, and it's just as loud as the Logitech Z-5500 10" sub, but it's still just a small 6.5" sub. I want a little more bump in my music and rumble in my games :P

JimJ
09-13-2006, 11:07 PM
I hate the distinction "car audio subs" and "home audio subs" because there's a lot less of a distinction than you think :)

You need a 120V plate amp, sold at places like Parts Express, to power a sub indoors...and a way to get the input signal into the amp. That may or may not be difficult with a set of "computer" speakers.

Mugen
09-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I hate the distinction "car audio subs" and "home audio subs" because there's a lot less of a distinction than you think :)

You need a 120V plate amp, sold at places like Parts Express, to power a sub indoors...and a way to get the input signal into the amp. That may or may not be difficult with a set of "computer" speakers.

I have an Audigy2 ZS, I'd make a direct connection from my sound card, not wire it in with my other speakers. I'm planning on adding the old Klipsch surrounds we have to my PC setup as well.

EDIT:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-750

So I'd just buy that and screw it to the box, eh? Sounds simple enough. I'm assuming those aren't overrated and that's the true output, unlike some car amps, right?

JimJ
09-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Those ratings are pretty reliable...

Mugen
09-14-2006, 01:48 AM
:yumyum: :yumyum: :yumyum:

That subs as big as your TV :D

EDIT:

What infinity speakers/yamaha amp are you getting? We have a pair of Primus 250s on a Yamaha and a 12" Dahlquist sub. Hit's hard and the Infinity's rock out when turned up pretty **** good :D

IamDeMan
09-14-2006, 08:25 AM

Just short of non-existent in fact. Especially in IB circles. The Rlp is a very popular sub for this segment. It's $ per liter and Xmax make it very attrative.