PDA

View Full Version : Diamond D371i/D372i?

explorer2
09-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Whats the difference? I just recieved the 72i's instead of the 71i's that I ordered from indo audio (I know, should have looked them up before I bought). Now they are telling me that the 72i is an old model and the 72 that I got are newer and better. I think its bs, these have no crossovers and the magnets are smaller than my stock speakers. Whats the truth here?

Glaucus
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Sounds fishy. According to DiamondAudio's web site, the 371's do have crossovers. So if the 372's (if that's even a valid model number - try contacting Diamond to find out for sure) don't, then there's no way they're "better". Sounds like they're trying to rip you off.

Keep us posted. I was considering ordering a pair of Diamond Hex's of that guy, but after reading this I think I'll hold off.

- Mike

explorer2
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
The boxes are for the 71 with a sticker over it with a 2, these have no external crossovers although they claim there is an internal one. I emailed diamond and hope to get to the bottom of this.

I probably wouldnt order from them again, took them a week to get them to fedex, and they never answer all of the questions in emails, only one or two with answers that make no sense.

explorer2
09-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Anybody else know anything, I need to get this resolved asap.

Glaucus
09-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Did Diamond get back to you? And btw, did you pay with PayPal? If so, you may get a refund.

- Mike