PDA

View Full Version : Blew the speaker?

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.kennypollock.com/blown.avi

I have no money to spend on the Boston Z6s right now, and nor would Robin have the time to work on doorpods for them if I did get a hold of some in time for my competition/car show on Sunday.

When you push (even lightly) on the cone of my mids, they play... when you let off, it stops playing. Both of them in my doors are like this, and I've even drove around with tape holding the cone down, but the tape keeps coming loose, lawl.

I'm just looking for a quick fix, since they're my only speakers and tweets + bass = sounds like ****.

squeak9798
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Did anything "happen" when this started occuring? Or did it just quit one day?

PS: You look like you're 12 in that vid.

;)

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Not really sure, it could've been like this for months to be honest... I recently took out my 6x9s, so I could've just not noticed it (loud bass and 6x9s might've made up for it).

Seems as if the coil is loose?

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
kenny doesnt change facial expressions :fyi:

I think the motor is just knocked out of alignmentlawl

How would I go about fixing this, if at all possible? It sounds perfect when I touch the cone, on both of them. They've lasted me for over a year now...

jeeper07
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
u really do look 12 haha...

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
u really do look 12 haha...well, i'm not. and i doubt i look 12 in person, but who knows

zthumper
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
yeah I couldn't help ya but i just relized that your only 16.......how the f*ck do you get all your money for that stuff? I mean a IA 20.1 and 18 Fi aren't cheap. I work for 7 bucks and hour when im not playin a sport (which is only in the summer) and i find it hard to save up 300 bucks.

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
yeah I couldn't help ya but i just relized that your only 16.......how the f*ck do you get all your money for that stuff? I mean a IA 20.1 and 18 Fi aren't cheap. I work for 7 bucks and hour when im not playin a sport (which is only in the summer) and i find it hard to save up 300 bucks.I make $10/hour doing car transportation (I find drivers to move a car from state to state) and do the occasional website job to pay for things.

A lot of the money I have comes from selling stuff I once saved up for...

scooter924
09-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I make $10/hour doing car transportation (I find drivers to move a car from state to state) and do the occasional website job to pay for things.

A lot of the money I have comes from selling stuff I once saved up for...

Yea same with me. I spend lots of money on one hobby, then when I get bored I sell all the stuff and move to a new hobby.

Kenny Pollock
09-11-2006, 11:40 PM
As far as fixing the speaker goes, any easy solutions?

AJē06
09-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Yea same with me. I spend lots of money on one hobby, then when I get bored I sell all the stuff and move to a new hobby.

Same with every hobby... :D