PDA

View Full Version : does Bigger box equal more bass output??

toliveloveordie
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
A yes i have 2 kicker 12 inch l7s with a ported box but its only like 1.5 cubes perchamber, im stepping up to a 3.0 cubes each chamber and ports tuned to 35hrz, will this effect the bass output and add way more lower louder bass just from the change of the box?? the demensions will be 42"x21"x20" also is the lower the port tuning the more bass< and how does that work but tuning the ports??? The box i have now just really doesnt seem to be very loud, its alright but its also a ebay prefab box. This new one will be a big box well for a camaro at least it will!!

Lowjacker
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
yes, build it as big as you can.....ported is better also....tune as low as possible

trust me..............:D

bamaboy
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
*130 dB rating is not guaranteed. Reading was done with a Scosche Boom Stick and therefore can not be relied upon.

i laughed*

dont alaways tune as low as possible, those L7s cant extend good that far down anyway

killahbean
09-11-2006, 10:45 PM
lol if u tune too low all you'll get is rattling sound you've never heard before......

PV Audio
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
yes, build it as big as you can.....ported is better also....tune as low as possible

You're not funny; please shut your mouth.

To the threadstarter: a larger box does not automatically mean better bass. However, the box that you have is too small for each speaker, so you will no doubt see a large improvement over your current setup. Also, lower tuning does not mean necessarily anything. You generally want to tune to your own personal taste. Vehicles have a property called cabin gain. This allows you to tune moderately and still have the low frequency extension that you would otherwise have had to tune low for. Hope that helps. :)

bamaboy
09-11-2006, 10:56 PM
go somewhere between 30-37hz what most people use

PV Audio
09-11-2006, 10:58 PM
^^ Good range there, be careful as you don't want to lose all lows and SQ by tuning very high.

tuck05
09-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Those solo 12's do great in 3 cubes tuned to 35ish. I used to run 4 in 3 cubes tuned to 38..those *****es slammed.

I miss all of those old solobaric's I used to have, 4 10's, 4 12's, and 3 15's....time sure flys when you are beating down the block.

nVRuckus
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM
you will see quite a difference in the box you plan on doing ;)

Lowjacker
09-14-2006, 01:10 AM
You're not funny; please shut your mouth.

To the threadstarter: a larger box does not automatically mean better bass. However, the box that you have is too small for each speaker, so you will no doubt see a large improvement over your current setup. Also, lower tuning does not mean necessarily anything. You generally want to tune to your own personal taste. Vehicles have a property called cabin gain. This allows you to tune moderately and still have the low frequency extension that you would otherwise have had to tune low for. Hope that helps. :)

First off.....blow me

Second......my directions were in conjunction with the T/S params or manufacturer recommendations because they usually know their products pretty well......saying as big as you can doesn't mean fill the back of your ride, it means as large as the maximum recommended size........tuning as low as possible also means as low as recommended.......

tRiGgEr
09-14-2006, 01:14 AM

Wrong.

PV Audio
09-14-2006, 06:58 AM
First off.....blow me

Second......my directions were in conjunction with the T/S params or manufacturer recommendations because they usually know their products pretty well......saying as big as you can doesn't mean fill the back of your ride, it means as large as the maximum recommended size........tuning as low as possible also means as low as recommended.......
Yeah...that's exactly what you meant...:rolleyes: