PDA

View Full Version : Running wires for the speakers?

nVRuckus
09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
run them along the outside of the wiring tube and tie strap them to it.

Prowler573
09-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Tap into the factory wires behind the stereo and don't run the new wire all the way to the speakers?

JimJ
09-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Do it the right way...for mine, I found that taking out the rubber thing and feeding the wires though, then pulling the rubber tunnel back into place was easier than trying to feed the wires into it with the grommet ends still connected.

But leaving them exposed like that is an invitation to water getting in...

JimJ
09-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Tap into the factory wires behind the stereo and don't run the new wire all the way to the speakers?

Stock wiring ***** :(

Prowler573
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Stock wiring ***** :(
Yes, it does....but I'm inherently lazy and my recommendation is a result of that.

I had mine run the way I suggested for awhile then I got bored one afternoon and redid every bit of speaker cabling in the car front to back, side to side.

It's a true PITA but worth the trouble at the end of the day...

kublkmax
09-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok the first two suggetions are no no!!!!! Do not I repeat do not run it on the out side, and do not use stock wire. That defeats the purpose of upgrading. Here is what you do. Pull the rubber grommet out on both ends. take some dish soap andput a drop on the inside of the grommet and a drop or two on the end of the wire and begin to feed the wire through. Note at first you will have to move the wire and the grommet at the same time to try to take the curve out of the grommet but once you get going it is a snap. This is how I got 10ga and 12ga wire through my grommet together.

klepto
09-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Do you guys have to take off your dash to get up into the wires. On my car it looks like i may have to do this. The gromet goes from my door into the car WAY up in the dash, i cant even feel where it goes it.

I drive a 2003 Ford Focus btw.

jeepintn
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
my method is generally coathanger ftw ;) pulls wire right through grommets with no problems