PDA

View Full Version : Took out my 6x9s...

Kenny Pollock
09-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Robin is coming down here on Thursday morning to do a ton of work to the car, so I figured I'd take out my 6x9's, since we're going to cut up the rear deck in a few days.

Big mistake: I didn't realize my mids were blown, lawl. I took out the 6x9s and took a drive... I hear bass and the highs.

I wasn't planning on upgrading my mids (and highs I guess) until I had the money, but I might be able to get a hold of some money by the 17th, when I have a small competition to go to.

Are there any 5-1/4" mids that will sound better then the ones I have in now (check the sig)? I was going to go with Boston Z6s, but then I'd have to shell out $500, get doorpods (or kickpods) in AND buy the P880PRS that I'm going to eventually get to go active.

Should I just save and upgrade to the Z6s and P880PRS or purchase a cheap set of mids that will fit when I have the money?

Kenny Pollock
09-09-2006, 10:35 PM
lawl I was tired of hearing highs and bass so I got to the mids and pushed on the cone and they played... so I used tape and taped the cone in...

...and then they blew again.