PDA

View Full Version : Old timer needs help..:-)

92SS wagon
09-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I have been out of car audio for years, but am doing a new system and need some help.

I am running 2 sets of the MB Quart 218's with the clear, red crossovers. One set in the front doors and one set in my rear area. I have a Crossfire 4 channel amp that is 4x35 and I also have a Autotek 2 channel amp that is 300x2. What would be the best way to wire these components? I'm use to there being 4 wires slots and 4 wires and these crossovers have like 8 each.(lol):eek:I havent been able to find a wiring diagram online anywhere:crap: Any help would be appreciated!

Also, does the distance from the speaker to the speaker crossovers matter? Do they need to be close or can I put them anywhere? Thanks.

DJ

92SS wagon
09-09-2006, 09:53 PM
anyone:smash:

JimJ
09-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Are there numbers on the crossovers, such as 0dB, -3dB, -6dB? Those are for tweeter attenuation, so not all of them will be used at once...

If you're running two sets, you really only need the one four channel amp using the passive crossovers.

And no, the distance doesn't matter.

92SS wagon
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
thanks JimJ. I appreciate it. The four channel amp I have is less power than I really want but money is a factor right now. So is it possible to run the 4 channel on the tweets and the 2 channel on the mids???? Or can I wire both sets of comps to just the 2 channel Autotek for more power?Thanks.

DJ

Johnny Drama
09-13-2006, 11:11 PM
thanks JimJ. I appreciate it. The four channel amp I have is less power than I really want but money is a factor right now. So is it possible to run the 4 channel on the tweets and the 2 channel on the mids???? Or can I wire both sets of comps to just the 2 channel Autotek for more power?Thanks.

DJ

Without an active crossover setup you wont be able to run the mids and tweets seperate. What you can do is run the front set off the autotek and then bridge the other set on the 4 channel.