PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 3 way up front?

joek86
09-08-2006, 10:10 PM
I have Focal K2P 165 up front, I have the Audiocontrol DQXS and proper amplification. I saw this application layout on the Audiocontrol site and was wondering about the advantages. I would have to add more channels of amp and 2 speakers in the doors. I was thinking of these Focal 5" subs (Focal 13KS - Focal K2 Power 5" 180 Watt Subwoofer )

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/joek86/3370.jpg.

Here is a pic of the layout

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/joek86/150058.jpg

2 Questions, is it worth the trouble sonicly and I am assuming that the new 5" sub would act as the woofer, the component system would be the mid and tweet. Is that correct?

Joe

kublkmax
09-09-2006, 12:16 AM
that would be right that the 5" sub would be your midbass. The comps would cover your highes and midrange. I have the same processor. Depending on your head unit and your amps. You would only need to use the front input and the sub input if you headunit has seperate sub control on it. use the front high for tweets front low for the midbass and rear high for the midrange. and you are in like flynn.

kublkmax
09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
oh what I mentioned above is if you run the whole system active. other wise you won't need the rear high output. just Front high for comps and front low for midbass.

joek86
09-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I am having the AVN6600 put in on thursday!

I am also running rear but they balanced down 4 to 5 on my CD7000.

Will I have allot to gain by going to the seperately powered system and by adding the additional power that is necessary? It is an SQ system and when I am alone I play it fairly loud..

Joe

Eugenics
09-09-2006, 08:05 AM
that would be right that the 5" sub would be your midbass. The comps would cover your highes and midrange. I have the same processor. Depending on your head unit and your amps. You would only need to use the front input and the sub input if you headunit has seperate sub control on it. use the front high for tweets front low for the midbass and rear high for the midrange. and you are in like flynn.

flynn kicks ***