PDA

View Full Version : Mounting depth/what speakers in the doors of a 2001 crown vic

juanweed
09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
i never believed it by looking at the door panel, but there's 6x8's in the doors! they are shallow however... anyone know the mounting depth in the doors of a 2001 crown vic? i would still like to use my windows :p:

i'm going to need a set of shallow 6x8's for the doors and 6x9's in the back - going to be powered off an alpine mrv-f300. any suggestions?

listened to some infinities over the weekend and they were pretty decent. i see a lot of praise for mb quart and polk. i'm not looking to spend a ton on these but i would rather sacrifice some money for clairity of sound than the other way around.

any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!

MrSwiss
09-08-2006, 07:04 PM
the easiest way to find out is to unscrew them and measure yourself. i dont see any other way,

Blados
09-08-2006, 07:09 PM
you have about 2 1/2"
'

juanweed
09-09-2006, 11:33 AM
cheers blados, that's about what i remember. swiss - i actually did this a while back but forgot the #'s :rolleyes:

ok, so i just blew up my old old eclipse so its time for a new HU while i'm at it. what would be your personal opinion be, speaker wise, with a pioneer 480MP to an alpine mrv-f300 to ____6x8's and ____6x9's...

looking for clarity of sound first and foremost. price secondary - nothing extreme like 300$+ a set, maybe ~150 a pair?