PDA

View Full Version : New Set-up: Two ts-3002SPL's, PICS

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I will finally get my 20.1 back from Nick at IA sometime next week, after it was damaged during shipping to me from nG(whole 'nother story)... I decided to try out a pair of Pioneer ts-3002SPL's, because I have always thought they looked like a good buy and everyone says good things about them. So I will be running them on my 20.1 at half an ohm; the box is ~4.4 cubes tuned to 32Hz with 90sq inches of port :naughty: I have heard these subs are able to hit the low end fairly well, so I decided to tune low to find out for myself.

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9405/pict0038tf8.jpg

http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/922/pict0039jq7.jpg

That's all for now.... My mom's boyfriend is going to cover the box in black leather for me (he works at an ulphustery shop.) Pics will be added as everything comes together, should be done by next weekend.

Lckmyblls
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
post up a review id like to hear how these do.....

lostsoul
09-07-2006, 06:34 PM
:2thumbs: Two thumbs up for being different. Definetly need a review when you get the amp in, and everything hooked up.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Well one problem after another... Nick from IA told me that UPS called him and there is some 'damage' to the packaging of the amp that they caused; so they are bringing it back to him (he wants to verify it works after their miscare) :rolleyes: Hopefully nothing is wrong with the amp AGAIN, so I can finally install it....

Bolognablake
09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Man, Nick might want to try DHL, or somebody else. I ship UPS for stuff that's not breakable, but FedEx or USPS for everything else.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Man, Nick might want to try DHL, or somebody else. I ship UPS for stuff that's not breakable, but FedEx or USPS for everything else.

FedEx is the company that damaged the amp to begin with :crazy:

dleccord
09-09-2006, 01:51 AM
looks good. we're gonna need vids soon:)

ultimate157
09-09-2006, 01:56 AM
FedEx is the company that damaged the amp to begin with :crazy:

I'm kinda partial, but my part time job during the school year was at the usps. I think they're the best for prices/care of boxes. UPS litterally dropkicks boxes and FedEx loses your stuff.

ngsm13
09-09-2006, 02:05 AM
In for vids and thoughts on the final install ;)

nG

PV Audio
09-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Lol tony, looks like the box got dragged through a firepit. The construction looks great, what's with the color?

knotslck
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
looks good man i've always wanted to hear some of these subs they look pretty good for the money.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Lol tony, looks like the box got dragged through a firepit. The construction looks great, what's with the color?

Yeah, a lot of the scuffs and streaks are from sliding it around on my patio. But the black down the side and on the front is spray paint.

The box is now covered in leather, so all is well. No pics right now, I let someone borrow my camera. All I need now is my amp, so hopefully Nick can get things sorted out and I should get it by next weekend.

traksta15
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
any pics now??? update???

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
When I got the new amp in, (from repair from Nick at IA after a shipping incident) the amp smoked on me. Sounded good for the minute that it worked though..

Well Nick is such a great guy, he has sent me the 20.1 that he uses in his vehicle, guarenteed to operate correctly. It should be here tomorrow, so I will let you guys know how it goes.

systembumping
10-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Where can I find one of those Pioneers for a good price? I want to run one 15' if they make them, just to try something different.

CJL
10-02-2006, 09:18 PM
IIRC they dont come in 15's

systembumping
10-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Well I guess I will get a 12", but where are they?

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Well I guess I will get a 12", but where are they?

eBay

Pyro_By_Nature
10-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Where can I find one of those Pioneers for a good price? I want to run one 15' if they make them, just to try something different.

They don't currently make 15's. . . . . .

traksta15
10-03-2006, 01:40 AM
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3107

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6492.html

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14922

http://www.premier-audio.com/Pioneer-Premier-TS-W3004SPL-p/pioneer%20premier%20ts-w3004spl.htm

just a few i found, might try ebay.....i got mine for $200 off a buddy who had them for like 3 months.....i love mine!!! for $200 it's hard to be any louder and lower.......

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Well I got a replacement amp today, great guy at Nick gave me his 20.1 out of his own car!

Its all in and working properly, and I am VERY impressed with these Premiers. I have never owned a substage that was tuned low, always had high tuned ported boxes, and I love the low end now. They are wired to half an ohm on my 20.1, and I have a very stable electrical system so they are receiving more their 750w RMS and taking it well. They seem to move more than my 18" 4HP did, and kill it in output. The output is great and it sounds awsome as well. They are very clean sounding, not so crisp but they sound much better than I expected for a pair of $100 drivers. I listen to rap the majority of the time, and they nail the low bass lines with ease.

I love them. The next set-up might be four of these babies :naughty:

theCybe
10-04-2006, 12:32 AM
* They're 1000WRMS (or at least my pair of 3004SPL are) :)

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-04-2006, 01:43 AM
* They're 1000WRMS (or at least my pair of 3004SPL are) :)

Hmm, a couple websites said different, but the manual states 1000w. Either way, they are loving the power from the 20.1, and the move so **** much! I will try to get some vids in the next couple days, dont own my own digital camera so its not too easy....

The next build will be a 4th order banpdass for these guys, since that seems to be the trend these days...

theCybe
10-04-2006, 01:58 AM
They are beasts for sure - just an underpublicized set of woofers, I guess. Enjoy them! :)

Lil_KB
10-04-2006, 02:12 AM
What would you compare them to? I'm thinking of a new set of 12s and these seem good for the price.

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-04-2006, 02:29 AM
What would you compare them to? I'm thinking of a new set of 12s and these seem good for the price.

Hmmm, well I guess I could compare them to my RF Power HX2's I had a long while back in output but they sound much better and get much lower.

Not sure exactly what they would compare to, but I love 'em, and I have been through numerous set-ups...

80INCHES
10-04-2006, 10:28 AM
u will have your plans 2nite for the 4th order

JCivicHb
10-04-2006, 05:46 PM
they only make the 5000spl in a 15 so far, i love my set of 3002's as well. great sub

Astyl
10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Type R > Premiers

Theyre pretty much the same price, and we all know what the Type R's can do

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Type R > Premiers

:rolleyes: Put Mark's **** back in your mouth, maybe then you'll shut up.

SAG3
10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Type R > Premiers

well....................since you have experience with both..........

stuckinok
10-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Type R > Premiers

shut your pie hole

SAG3
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
t3h wang

Astyl
10-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Marks **** in my mouth? I dont care what he's scammed, i dont care if his boxes are made out of notebook paper, all i care about is his boxes have hit a 150 with a single 15" Driver or two 12"s countless times over, thats all that matters is the number, regardless of how you do it

Type R has been proven time and time again, theres a reason everyone uses them you know, they certainly dont ****.. Try sending twice the RMS power to a premier like you can juice the type R with and see what happens

ultimate157
10-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Marks **** in my mouth? I dont care what he's scammed, i dont care if his boxes are made out of notebook paper, all i care about is his boxes have hit a 150 with a single 15" Driver or two 12"s countless times over, thats all that matters is the number, regardless of how you do it

Type R has been proven time and time again, theres a reason everyone uses them you know, they certainly dont ****.. Try sending twice the RMS power to a premier like you can juice the type R with and see what happens

I LOVE TEH BANDWAGGEN I GET MANY FIRENDS HERRR.

lol. Take your type-r's and shove em in your ***. This thread was about a pioneer premier. **** off.

Astyl
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
The point was that Type R's are obviously OUTSTANDING Subwoofers for the money, Hence why so so so so so many people use them, i wouldent be suprised if they were the highest selling subs in america

For The price the Type R cant be beat, and i do beleive the premier is in the same price bracket.. and type R owns that bracket

Calikid
10-05-2006, 09:40 PM
who the fvck was talking about alpine?Were talking about this guys pioneer premier subs. :up2somet:

traksta15
10-05-2006, 09:44 PM
I love my pioneers............can't wait to give them the proper power, so i can see what they can really do!!

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-05-2006, 09:57 PM

There are many drivers with much more potential than the Type R. Mark brought on the hype with his boxes, yes he can build a hell of a box... Name me five others that have broken 150 with a single R, other than his team mates or people who have bought his boxes.

I made the thread to show people who might be interested in my new set-up, I did not make it so that you could come and compare my subwoofers to a Type R... And if you dont like the equipment that I use, then dont post in the thread.

And by the way, I ran a single Pioneer wired at 1 ohm on my 20.1, maxed out the gain and she still wanted more :up2somet:

jaycross
10-05-2006, 10:10 PM
And by the way, I ran a single Pioneer wired at 1 ohm on my 20.1, maxed out the gain and she still wanted more :up2somet:

pwnt?

Astyl
10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Maxed out the gain and she still wanted more.. she wanted just that little bit more so she could finally die and rest in peices.. i dont care what equipment you use, maxing out the gain on anything = distortion out the ***

ultimate157
10-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Maxed out the gain and she still wanted more.. she wanted just that little bit more so she could finally die and rest in peices.. i dont care what equipment you use, maxing out the gain on anything = distortion out the ***

Take your type-rs and go make out with them. Seriously, no one likes you.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/press/release/detail/0,,2076_310069589_351128018,00.html

I don't see alpine putting up world records, with any of their equipment. The subs they were using hold 2500w nominal. They were doing burps @ 6000w each. the 3002 SPL uses technology derived from using this woofer. Not all of it, obviously.

theCybe
10-05-2006, 11:34 PM
I'd put my money on the 3004SPL over the R for power handling/durability every time.

Aside from that,

~twice the power on your pioneer and see what happens

Twice the Type-R's RMS is the SPL's RMS.

Also, 2000 watts is a bit more difficult to disperse than a single kilowatt - and even with the skewed-*** comparison you just made, I'd still expect the SPL to handle twice it's RMS longer than the Type-R.

My local shop has a 5000SPL in a bandpass on a wall switch in the shop. No amp, just wall power. Icky, dirty wall power. It's been there for a long time.

Aren't we reaching a bit for the Type-R here?? Let the f*ckin' thing die already. Worst, most misleading boner ever.

Lil_KB
10-06-2006, 12:18 AM
yea....i own type rs and i know myself that theyre definitely not worth the huge fuss people like you are making of them. they give you your moneys worth, but they perform like a 125 dollar sub....nothing more.

Astyl
10-07-2006, 12:50 AM
ide like to see the T/S Specs on both subs compared with each other, ill bet you the Type R beats it in most categorys, definately Xmas

klepto
10-07-2006, 01:09 AM
Thats a large port

Pyro_By_Nature
10-07-2006, 02:36 AM
ide like to see the T/S Specs on both subs compared with each other, ill bet you the Type R beats it in most categorys, definately Xmas

Dude, just STFU already.NO ONE GIVES A RATS *** about the hype R, ****ing get over it.

He made a thread about his subs, just showing off this set-up.Not to ask you if you thought the type R's were better or not.Which, BTW: I have heard and installed both enough times to know, the premier WILL own the type R, given you totally don't half *** the install.Sounds better too IMO.

You know what T/S specs. mean? Not much in the real world.And it's xmax you ****ing retard.You will NOT hear a difference between a couple mm of xmax, you won't notice an fs of 1hz lower, or any small change.Xmax is a very overhyped spec. IMHO.

Anybody remember speakers from way back when, got loud as **** and had less than 10mm of xmax? Please, leave this mans thread alone and don't come back.You can go kiss your hype R's for all I care.But you have proven, you are nothing more than a fanboy.That is all . . . .

Astyl
10-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Ill always like the Type R's better simply because they come in 15's which rule... Im a single 15 person.. being on a bandwagon is going the two 12' route

bdavies11
10-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Ill always like the Type R's better simply because they come in 15's which rule... Im a single 15 person.. being on a bandwagon is going the two 12' route

wanna cookie?

spljim
10-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I have a single 12in 3002 with 1000 wats to it and it is the best sub I have aver had and onely cost me $120 of ebay brand new

Symon_say
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
this threat just f*** off because of some noob that's and R fan, man just enjoy your are and let other people to enjoy their premier.

When you own a premier come and give us your opinion on the sub.

thanks a lot for your interest

theCybe
10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
what the f*ck did symon_say?

ultimate157
10-08-2006, 03:18 PM
what the f*ck did symon_say?

He said **** off Astyl cause he's a bandwagon geek, and thinks his subs are teh meca of subwoofers. He also said that when he owns a 3002/4 premier to come back and tell us how much it totally owns the type R.

**** OFF ASTYL.

traksta15
10-08-2006, 03:28 PM
i know this is a little off topic-but nice box/sub choice phattonydemarco.......Hope you enjoy them i know i do!!

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-08-2006, 03:43 PM
i know this is a little off topic-but nice box/sub choice phattonydemarco.......Hope you enjoy them i know i do!!

That is actually on topic, thanks :)

Its loud, and its low.

Symon_say
10-08-2006, 04:58 PM
He said **** off Astyl cause he's a bandwagon geek, and thinks his subs are teh meca of subwoofers. He also said that when he owns a 3002/4 premier to come back and tell us how much it totally owns the type R.

**** OFF ASTYL.

thanks for the interpretation i live outside US so my native language is spanish sorry for the erros.

But you get it :veryhapp:

Symon_say
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
and yes, nice box hope to see some photos when the box is done and some vids when you get everything set up

traksta15
10-08-2006, 05:04 PM
you should go get metered phattonydemarco so we'll have an idea of what numbers they can put up...........

traksta15
That is actually on topic, thanks :)

Its loud, and its low.

in the midst of the aruing it was off topic, lol........

saywhat?
LOL only one thing can explain your troubles....

KARMA! its a ***** aint it

9512ds
10-08-2006, 05:15 PM

all my subwoofers have always had a lot of christmas as well...

just an fyi *******

traksta15
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
^^lol^^, i can see it now: THE ST. NICK MT!!!

Astyl
10-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I wonder how those premiers sound on rock music with double kicks, etc.. they have SPL in there name for a reason, and its definately not SQ

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I wonder how those premiers sound on rock music with double kicks, etc.. they have SPL in there name for a reason, and its definately not SQ

:rolleyes: Use the drivers, then comment on them. Do you have an incredibly small ***** or something? Shut up, man...

ultimate157
10-08-2006, 08:58 PM

lol @ you man. Saying **** about stuff you've never heard. Hype R's need to be burned, not played. People have already said, who have heard both setups, that the Premier > Type R in the SQ department.

Which, BTW: I have heard and installed both enough times to know, the premier WILL own the type R, given you totally don't half *** the install.Sounds better too IMO.

Owned.

Eugenics
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM

regardless of powerhandling i would choose the pioneer 8 days a week over the type r if for no other reason then the type r sounds like ****, even in a sealed application.

The point was that Type R's are obviously OUTSTANDING Subwoofers for the money, Hence why so so so so so many people use them, i wouldent be suprised if they were the highest selling subs in america

For The price the Type R cant be beat, and i do beleive the premier is in the same price bracket.. and type R owns that bracket

that cannot be because the xxx is the best driver ever.

lol @ you man. Saying **** about stuff you've never heard. Hype R's need to be burned, not played. People have already said, who have heard both setups, that the Premier > Type R in the SQ department.

w3rd

saywhat?
10-08-2006, 09:09 PM
type r's get low and loud though :)

Doulos
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Let us know when you get metered. Wondering what they can do!

Astyl
10-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Oh Em Gee.. Lets have a test!

One 12" Type R off of 1000 watts

VS

One 12" Premier off of 1000 Watts

Lets see which one gets louder / lower / sounds better

NhustlaR
10-09-2006, 01:42 AM
astyl, sounds better is an opinion, ehh and the other two, like everyones been saying that HAS USED BOTH SUBS says the pioneer outpreforms the r. get the d!Ck out of your ***, stop being so stubborn, and listen for two seconds instead of waving your e-****(which is quite small) around in everyones face. like the thread states, its the guys new setup, not a fuggin comparison of the type r and the SPL.

Let us know what numbers you put up with that, im interested...

/astyl. and ban him.

Calikid
10-09-2006, 01:45 AM
pwned.:blackeye:

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 01:50 AM

VS

fvck son can't you read?

Which, BTW: I have heard and installed both enough times to know, the premier WILL own the type R, given you totally don't half *** the install.Sounds better too IMO.

I think you need the :ban:

ON TOPIC: Keep us updated on how these puppies do. I was gonna grab me a pair.

Astyl
10-09-2006, 01:54 AM
Two Premiers = 2000 Watts RMS, thats beyond reach for your average audio enthusiast.. ide much rather get a 15" Type R and throw 1200 - 1500 watts RMS to it and call it a day

CJL
10-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Type R > Premiers

VS

Two Premiers = 2000 Watts RMS, thats beyond reach for your average audio enthusiast.. ide much rather get a 15" Type R and throw 1200 - 1500 watts RMS to it and call it a day

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:...........................:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CJL
10-09-2006, 02:44 AM
hey phat what type of vehicle are these in?

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-09-2006, 02:47 AM

Your logic makes me laugh... :laugh: See, that's me laughing.

I will put my SPL's against your single Type R anyday.

Put up or shut up buddy, stop throwing out your opinion that everyone is disagreeing with, and show some actual comparison between the two drivers.

By the way, Lloyd and them tested a Type R as well as a 2000SPL.. We'll wait for his results.

Edit- CJL, these are in a 1995 2dr Cherokee. Flex galor as well :up2somet: Need to get my buddy's camera for some vids...

CJL
10-09-2006, 02:56 AM
need vids A.S.A.P. ;) :D

Astyl
10-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I realize that, im just saying that 2000 watts is rediculous.. the majority of people are MORE then content with a 400 watts rms amp and two 200 watt drivers.. if you need 2000 watts you need upgraded everything, its not such a simple process anymore

gl0ck
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
I realize that, im just saying that 2000 watts is rediculous.. the majority of people are MORE then content with a 400 watts rms amp and two 200 watt drivers.. if you need 2000 watts you need upgraded everything, its not such a simple process anymore

Maybe for people that like laidback bass or my girlfriend would be content with that. 2000 is a reasonable number and these subs out do type Rs everyday of the week. I have heard the same setup with a drop in and premiers not only had better sq but showed alot more flex and were louder to the ear.

traksta15
10-09-2006, 01:33 PM
i got mine for $200.......been over 3 months and i still love them!!

PIONEER FTMFW!!!!

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 02:26 PM
i got mine for $200.......been over 3 months and i still love them!!

PIONEER FTMFW!!!!

HYPE R FTMFL

Astyl
10-09-2006, 03:21 PM
150 DB with a Single 200 Doller 15" Type R FTW

Symon_say
10-09-2006, 03:28 PM
150 DB with a Single 200 Doller 15" Type R FTW

You know who have the world SPL record???

myjaja
10-09-2006, 03:30 PM

HAHA! Good come back! ROFL! Pioneer rocks!

gordos420
10-09-2006, 03:48 PM
ok PhatTonyDeMarco what songs are you going to use when you make your video?cause i got a pioneer3004spl but im waiting for my box and it should be here tomorrow.i have a quantum qs1500d amp thats going to be pushing my 3004spl.i cant wait to here my sub.first song im going to listen to is probably the outkast intro song.

bdavies11
10-09-2006, 05:14 PM

VS

Lets change this up a bit and say ...

One 15" Type R off of 1000 watts

VS

One 12" Premier off of 1000 watts

and id be willing to bet the premier would give the 15" R a run for its money.

traksta15
10-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I beieve the score is:

astyl=1

everybody else= 5725702098432427585.578

stuckinok
10-09-2006, 05:33 PM
what the hell is with you Astyl go home and have *** wiht your type r if you love it sooo much geeez the OG post said nothing about a dang Type R so GTFO

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 07:19 PM

I do believe its the Pioneer Premiers @ 180.3 DEEBEEZZZZ.

I really don't care if the type R can hit 150 dbz if I can rip a 40hz fart that sounds better.

Symon_say
10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I beieve the score is:

astyl=1

everybody else= 5725702098432427585.578

lol

Astyl
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Lets change this up a bit and say ...

One 15" Type R off of 1000 watts

VS

One 12" Premier off of 1000 watts

and id be willing to bet the premier would give the 15" R a run for its money.

Since everyone here is on a pioneer throne how about we change it up even more?

VS

One 15" Type R off of 1600 Watts

Or

One 06 15" L7 off of 1200 Watts

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Since everyone here is on a pioneer throne how about we change it up even more?

VS

One 15" Type R off of 1600 Watts

Or

One 06 15" L7 off of 1200 Watts

Were not on a pioneer throne. You are the one with the alpine in his *******. Why are you still here? You are now comparing a 12" driver to a 15" driver. That means nothing. NOTHING. WTF is the L7 in there for. I have heard the 3004SPL also has better SQ than the L7. We all hate you, you should go base jumping ........

Without a parachute.

Astyl
10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Im not comparing a 15 inch driver, the other person started comparing the 12 to the 15, so i brought it a step further

Lets compare two 12" Type R's in TCAB Boxes running 1000 watts to each against two 12" Premiers in whatever theyre spec'd boxes are, running the same ammount of power

bigt
10-09-2006, 08:59 PM
hahaha ultimate157, yea astyl go play on the interstate

mikescanlon
10-09-2006, 09:03 PM
sup phat tony. sweet setup, i used to have those woofers, going to get a 10 inch one with my next setup.

moving back to west palm on monday. maybe i'll see you around.

get your license yet?

- mike

bdawson72
10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
type r's=teh gayness

theCybe
10-09-2006, 09:39 PM
sup phat tony. sweet setup, i used to have those woofers, going to get a 10 inch one with my next setup.

.. there are no premier 10" spl woofers.

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
.. there are no premier 10" spl woofers.

Most definately are http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069929_235349891,00.html

stuckinok
10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Im not comparing a 15 inch driver, the other person started comparing the 12 to the 15, so i brought it a step further

Lets compare two 12" Type R's in TCAB Boxes running 1000 watts to each against two 12" Premiers in whatever theyre spec'd boxes are, running the same ammount of power

dude shut up we are not here to talk about Type Rs and you cant talk about comparing you dont have experience with all the sub you are talking about..and dont compare a L7 to a type r thats just gay SPL wise you are ***** Astyl so go back to the gay fields of type R land where you came from.

ultimate157
10-09-2006, 10:20 PM
dude shut up we are not here to talk about Type Rs and you cant talk about comparing you dont have experience with all the sub you are talking about..and dont compare a L7 to a type r thats just gay SPL wise you are ***** Astyl so go back to the gay fields of type R land where you came from.

lawl. Astyl has made a ton of enemies spittin his useless, worthelss BS.

PhatTonyDeMarco
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM

moving back to west palm on monday. maybe i'll see you around.

get your license yet?

- mike

Thanks man, I'm loving them. I got my license back in February, finally. Got rid of the Buick, driving a Cherokee now. We should deffinitly get together, I'd love to see the truck.

A 4th order build is in the works right now, I am just waiting for teh caulk to dry:veryhapp: Maybe some pics later if I get around to it.... Box design compliments of 80inches, thanks buddy.

Symon_say
10-09-2006, 11:59 PM
the 10" version is the 2504/02SPL but they are discontinued now, they really hard to find but are really great sub, i'm waiting for my to arrive this week

traksta15
10-10-2006, 12:05 AM
the 10" version is the 2504/02SPL but they are discontinued now, they really hard to find but are really great sub, i'm waiting for my to arrive this week

i believe ikesound has them...........

theCybe
10-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Most definately are http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069929_235349891,00.html

Well, er, I mean, um, except for those ones. ;)

traksta15
10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Well, er, I mean, um, except for those ones. ;)

lmao
yeah...um....they must've just started carryin those huh??

Astyl
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
i Reiterate

One 12" Type R off of 1000 watts in a TCAB Box

Vs

One 12" Premier off of 1000 Watts in whatever box you want

See which is louder, pal

ultimate157
10-10-2006, 03:24 PM
i Reiterate

Vs

See which is louder, pal

Let me reiterate. Even if you can get a single 12" type r louder than a single 12" premier, I would still take the premier over the type R anyday.
SQ + SPL > SPL

I really don't care if the type R can hit 150 dbz if I can rip a 40hz fart that sounds better.

Astyl
10-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Let me reiterate. Even if you can get a single 12" type r louder than a single 12" premier, I would still take the premier over the type R anyday.
SQ + SPL > SPL

where have you been the last 3 years? TCAB Boxes maximize SQ aswell as SPL

Symon_say
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM

man have you ever listen for a sub dif than type R, they are great sub but they are not best SPL, they are not the best SQ and there a lot of sub that will make a R cry like a baby.

get over it, a average brand like Pioneer is making sub better than alpine, that's not so hard to understand, read last month post the R bonners are now gone, there are new stuff better than TYPE R, and one of then are the world record line of PIONEER PREMIER SUBS.

because you read in the forum that type r were the greatest sub ever built dont go saying that all over, just because your mami buy you some type r for Xmas doesnt meen they are the sub that move the world, they are in the past now just move on a let other people enjoy the great things of life like a really good sound system, brand is not importan as you enjoy your system.

is you're talking about numbers go to icixsound.com and check a guy how goes over 140db with a single eD EU-700 is a 6.5" sub, let see if your R get there like it is right now.

MAN GET OVER IT or use your R like a toilet i bet in that departament they beat the SPL.

stuckinok
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
oh sooo thats your secret its TYPE R in a TCAB BOX:rolleyes: i guess all us other home box builders should go to hell since we dont have TCAB boxes

ultimate157
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM

Where have I been, I don't know, I don't even know what TCAB is :laugh: :laugh:

Nor do I give a ****. A "TCAB" box can NOT make a ****** sub (type r caugh caugh) sound good. PERIOD.

Astyl
10-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Just get a Type L7-R

L7 Basket and Cone, Type R Motor and Coil

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Astyl2002/8R7PIC2.jpg

psych0ticnemes1
10-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Just get a Type L7-R

that is interesting... i own Type-R's and I like them a lot... but I can't seem to get them to sound really good :/

anywho, good luck tony

ultimate157
10-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Just get a Type L7-R

And the pioneer will still sound better.

Symon_say
10-10-2006, 11:38 PM

lol :yourock:

astyl you should :escape: there stupid people but people how just stick with some shity arg are retards.

Astyl
10-10-2006, 11:58 PM

If you want things to sound better then get a alpine type X.. that hybrid has the L7 advantages of the bigger cone area, and also has the advantage of the stronger, more powerful type R motor

Symon_say
10-11-2006, 12:11 AM
If you want things to sound better then get a alpine type X.. that hybrid has the L7 advantages of the bigger cone area, and also has the advantage of the stronger, more powerful type R motor

lol, you are so funny man, that's why you cant give toys to kids they think they are real.

lets mak you happy type R are the greatest sub ever, it has win all dB drag comp, if you want a really loud SQ sub get a type R you dont even need an amp cause this sub is so great that it will play even without been hook up.

:veryhapp:

Symon_say
10-11-2006, 12:13 AM
olle te solte en banda disfruta tus sub y no te metas con nadie para que no te lo metan.

SSS 18734
10-11-2006, 12:29 AM
i Reiterate

Vs

See which is louder, pal

What does this have to do with anything? Why is the main topic of the thread the Type R? I am confused. :uhoh:

traksta15
10-11-2006, 03:52 AM
What does this have to do with anything? Why is the main topic of the thread the Type R? I am confused. :uhoh:

cause astyl's world is crushed and he can't cope with it................

ultimate157
10-11-2006, 08:58 AM
cause astyl's world is crushed and he can't cope with it................

hahaha. I'm just passing time waiting for the results of this man's new subs. And some vids, and some DB numbers I hope.

It's fun to prove someone wrong again and again .........

and again.

mikescanlon
10-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks man, I'm loving them. I got my license back in February, finally. Got rid of the Buick, driving a Cherokee now. We should deffinitly get together, I'd love to see the truck.

A 4th order build is in the works right now, I am just waiting for teh caulk to dry:veryhapp: Maybe some pics later if I get around to it.... Box design compliments of 80inches, thanks buddy.

i just finished my dual port 5th order? bandpass rebuild. with this woofer

1x18 the box is 5 feet by 2 feet, ~100 pounds... it pounds around 50hz on 1400w

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=EMI%20KILO18A&src=D0407FG0HAMS0000&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-SearchEngine-_-Feed-_-EMI%20KILO18A#

i'm sure i'll see you once i get down there. leaving here sunday at 11pm. : / not loving the 6 hour drive in store for me.

- mike

saywhat?
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
i Reiterate

Vs

See which is louder, pal

LOL that type r setup is not able to be had...

Mark wont even ship your box LOL therfore ou have a type r in a NORMAL box (TCAB's are this) and your pioneer in a normal box.

Your ghey.

saywhat?
10-13-2006, 09:49 AM
i just finished my dual port 5th order? bandpass rebuild. with this woofer

1x18 the box is 5 feet by 2 feet, ~100 pounds... it pounds around 50hz on 1400w

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=EMI%20KILO18A&src=D0407FG0HAMS0000&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-SearchEngine-_-Feed-_-EMI%20KILO18A#

i'm sure i'll see you once i get down there. leaving here sunday at 11pm. : / not loving the 6 hour drive in store for me.

- mike

6th order ;)

traksta15
10-14-2006, 06:43 PM
come on phattony, get metered!!!!