PDA

View Full Version : CDT Comps

Genghis
09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Guys what do you think of these CDT speakers for a 05 Nissan Titan

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4596
OR

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4630

and what is the difference between them?

Also please recommend a quality amp to drive them

Thanx
Genghis

bonesninja
09-07-2006, 05:28 PM
should be sweet...i run CDT comps and love em. i got the EF's

WhoSayWho?
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Between those two, I think the EF's are the way to go. I recommend contacting Djdilliodon for CDT's.

adhumston
09-07-2006, 07:55 PM
definatly contact djdilliodon before you buy, he'll give you a good deal. I am getting ready to install a pair of hd62's that will be powered by a bridged DLS A4 amp. should be done in the next week or so, I'll let you know what I think.

alteraudiousa
09-07-2006, 08:19 PM
the EF is definitely the way to go. I'd get the EF-61CF but hit me up if you'd like some and i'll get you a good price.

squeak9798
09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Any particular reason you are looking at CDT ?

Open to any other brands ?

WhoSayWho?
09-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Any particular reason you are looking at CDT ?

Open to any other brands ?

Hey Squeak, you seem to really dislike CDT's. Do you mind if I ask why? And I am not trying to start crap at all. The reason I bother to ask is that I respect your opinion.

I have a set of EF's and I think that they are pretty solid for the money. But, I will be the first to admit that I have not had the opportunity to compare them with a lot of other speakers installed. And most of what I know I know about car audio I have learned here.

Thanks.

travolta
09-08-2006, 01:28 AM
I just got a set of cdt cl 61As with tw 24's and i'm going to be powering them with an orion 4002. I'll let you know how it ends up sounding.

Genghis
09-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Thanx for all the replies.

Intercooler
09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I really like mine. I am stepping up to the M-6 mid in the next week or so but my system plays really well with just the 5.25's. The DRT-25 Silk tweet is amazing IMO! Another thing to consider is how you are treated when you call them or have some issues and CDT has been great for me.

Genghis
09-08-2006, 11:03 AM
The titan has a center channel in the dash that I really want to keep, Does anyone have any ideas for this speaker? I would imagine it would be somewhat of a full range speaker but Ive been wrong before.

heres a pic of the center channel speaker location( this is not my truck)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/quikjaysun/DSCN0569.jpg

thanks for your help.

Genghis

gr1m
09-10-2006, 03:06 AM
which would you get?

EF-61 with Satnet 560i & DRT-26 or an HD-62? maybe a ~ $10 price diff

Intercooler
09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
The DRT-26 would be a nice option if you feel like you would ever change to a metal tweet. I don't think I ever would so the 25 Silks work for me. Go HD's or get the M-6's if you can.

squeak9798
09-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Hey Squeak, you seem to really dislike CDT's. Do you mind if I ask why? And I am not trying to start crap at all. The reason I bother to ask is that I respect your opinion.

For one, all of their marketing-hype crap irritates the hell out of me. There is no need to have 10 tweeters in your frontstage, as much as they'd like to tell you otherwise so that they can soak up all of the uninformed's money on pointless marketing/revenue producing products.

Second; I personally think that in just about every price range, you can find an overall better product than what CDT offers.

pickup1
09-10-2006, 11:45 AM
For one, all of their marketing-hype crap irritates the hell out of me. There is no need to have 10 tweeters in your frontstage, as much as they'd like to tell you otherwise so that they can soak up all of the uninformed's money on pointless marketing/revenue producing products.

Second; I personally think that in just about every price range, you can find an overall better product than what CDT offers.
wow i like mine and i got the cheapy classics.
i guess opinions are like a$$holes,everyone has one!:laugh:

squeak9798
09-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I've also noticed that most of the people who rave about their CDT speakers, don't have much experience with any other quality component speakers.

Whether or not that description fits you, I don't know. Just a general observation.

JimJ
09-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I've heard the covertible set in Loyd's Aveo...not the component's fault the stage is low, but they seem to lack on midbass.

Hoodlum007
09-10-2006, 01:59 PM
i would say get he Cdt cl61aPro/25, i am using the same set with the regular tweeters and my bother traded his hex in for the Pro25's and they have to be the best sounding speakers i have ever heard :yumyum:

WhoSayWho?
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM

I have a set of EF's and I think that they are pretty solid for the money. But, I will be the first to admit that I have not had the opportunity to compare them with a lot of other speakers installed. And most of what I know I know about car audio I have learned here.

Thanks.

Please?

JimJ
09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
He answered it?

cykario
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Squeak's answer

WhoSayWho?
09-10-2006, 04:38 PM
He answered it?

Yes, lol. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks squeak.

alteraudiousa
09-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Squeak does have a point that the Upstage and IEK sets are a little much but I will say they have there place in a poorly imaged install. Even though I'm a dealer for CDT i don't use the Upstage or IEK sets since my imaging is set quite well and naturally my music seems to hover around steering wheel height. Also with the addition of the M6 driver now into the mix, CDT's have a legitimately good driver with good midbass. I have found that CDT drivers have a tendency to have a "weaK midbass section but excel in the midrange and the tweeter is always nice. I have tried the Focals, DLS, some older MB's, and listened to some Seas and while I do like their sound their price range was the same or more than a comparable CDT set or with some of the Seas way over my price range i'd want to spend.

But I would not say go with the CL series anymore, go EF or above or better yet, mix and match. Like me i've just finished up using in my car a set of HD-6's in the doors, ES-4 and ES-01 in the kicks. Sounded quite nice, but now I'm going back to my original plan for my M6 in the doors, Hybrid L3 in the kick and Drt-25 braxial mount and a custom crossover for the L3 and drt-25.

Intercooler
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Squeak does have a point that the Upstage and IEK sets are a little much but I will say they have there place in a poorly imaged install. Even though I'm a dealer for CDT i don't use the Upstage or IEK sets since my imaging is set quite well and naturally my music seems to hover around steering wheel height. Also with the addition of the M6 driver now into the mix, CDT's have a legitimately good driver with good midbass. I have found that CDT drivers have a tendency to have a "weaK midbass section but excel in the midrange and the tweeter is always nice. I have tried the Focals, DLS, some older MB's, and listened to some Seas and while I do like their sound their price range was the same or more than a comparable CDT set or with some of the Seas way over my price range i'd want to spend.

But I would not say go with the CL series anymore, go EF or above or better yet, mix and match. Like me i've just finished up using in my car a set of HD-6's in the doors, ES-4 and ES-01 in the kicks. Sounded quite nice, but now I'm going back to my original plan for my M6 in the doors, Hybrid L3 in the kick and Drt-25 braxial mount and a custom crossover for the L3 and drt-25.I think this is a fair and honest opinion that I can agree with from my experience with mine. I should have the M-6 here sometime this week and like you I think that will cure the mid-bass issue. They do play good just lack there a little and hopefully the M-6 will fix that right up. What else in this price range plays as well or better? They cost a whole lot more but the only other really good sets I listened too at Tweeter was the Bostons which there went for $1000 and the JL high end set which was also up there. Both sounded nice!

AphexTwin
09-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Id have to say that CDT makes some fantastic speakers. Ive used the EF61, HD-62's and ES line now and ive been extremely pleased with them. I agree that upstage is expensive but you can add TW-19's with a tweeter control for less than $50. That was 1 of the best upgrades i ever did. The CL-slims are by far the best slim coax speaker i have ever heard, EVER. Go with the EF series and try to get a better crossover if you can ie satnet 480, 560.

djdilliodon
09-11-2006, 12:01 AM
I think this is a fair and honest opinion that I can agree with from my experience with mine. I should have the M-6 here sometime this week and like you I think that will cure the mid-bass issue. They do play good just lack there a little and hopefully the M-6 will fix that right up. What else in this price range plays as well or better? They cost a whole lot more but the only other really good sets I listened too at Tweeter was the Bostons which there went for $1000 and the JL high end set which was also up there. Both sounded nice!

It is tuff to get a set of 5.25" mids to give solid midbass. Me personally i have yet to here a setup that has impressed me using a 5.25" in the midbass area. The m-6 will def be a night and day difference. I just finished up this weekend testing a pair out cdt sent me and boy are they sweet. I myself will be waiting for the es-06+ though :eek: I should have a pair in 2 weeks shhh :)

Flipx99
09-11-2006, 12:39 AM
The only think I looked at CDT is that 3 way crossover...it looks great fro three way passive adjustable, as those are difficult to find. I would suggest the mix and match route.

Intercooler
09-11-2006, 06:26 AM
It is tuff to get a set of 5.25" mids to give solid midbass. Me personally i have yet to here a setup that has impressed me using a 5.25" in the midbass area. The m-6 will def be a night and day difference. I just finished up this weekend testing a pair out cdt sent me and boy are they sweet. I myself will be waiting for the es-06+ though :eek: I should have a pair in 2 weeks shhh :)What is the difference in the M-6 and the es-06+ as far as how they will play?