PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart RSB-218

skydeaner
09-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok I got sick of the tweets on my discus component set as some of you probably know from some of my other threads on th12volt, so I picked up some RSB-218 6.5" component sets off of ebay in perfect condition. So the question I have is, I can't find too much info on these. When were these components made? Was it pre-fosgate Mb quart? I think it was when mb quart only had discus, premium/ref and Q line, and that's it, not 4 lines like now. Are these better than the current reference line? Closer to the Premiums that are out now?

What is everyone's opinion that has heard them?

skydeaner
09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Anyone else know anything about these?

skydeaner
09-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey I emailed mb quart and asked them about these speakers. I asked for the manual and if they were closer to the current premium or reference line because the crossover is at 2k. This is the response I got, I am happily suprised because I figured they would be more like the reference

Dear Mr. Prahl,
Thank you for your mail from 08.09.06.
Sorry but we have no manual archived from the RSB 218. This was a special version for the US market and our former daughter company in USA was responsible for that system. So we have manual available.
The info I have- the RSB 218 is closer to the Premium line.
Sorry that we have not more info available.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards