PDA

View Full Version : Alarm system

DjiNN
09-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey guys .... When i got the car from my dad (gave it to me as a gift) he already had an aftermarket alarm system installed. It's the Directed Hornet Series. I was wondering if i should stick with this and just get more horns or get a whole new setup. I was thinking about buying the Viper Series and also adding more horns. What do you guys think?

THUNDERBIRD
09-06-2006, 02:53 PM
depends on the model and if it is just keyless or securtiy and what all you want from it in the end

DjiNN
09-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Well i want the type of remote the viper has. So i know whats going on with my car (since i live in NY). everyday when i walk outta my house to my car (after hearing all the horror stories on this forum) I'm always anticipating that my trunk will be open my HU gone and i'm left with a broken window.

Shyne151
09-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Well i want the type of remote the viper has.

Get the viper then...

SATX210
09-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Crimestopper makes a nice 2-way alarm for about 80 shipped off of ebay. i would add in a tilt sensor, back-up battery, glass breakage sensor, and since it has horn honk output i would hook up car horn to it for the outside and use the siren under the dash