PDA

View Full Version : got bored and had some FG around

THUNDERBIRD
09-04-2006, 07:25 PM
so last night i was bored and wanted to build something so i have been meaning to reattach the amp to the box in my brothers car kuz i took it off to see if it would fit in the spare tire, it almost did. i also didnt like how tall the box was, so i layed it on its back, and built the rack off of the front, turned out good. i didnt put any effort into sanding, besides the angle grinder with the 36 grit on it. and slapped a coat of that $0.97 lowes spray paint on it. o i made a channel for the wires to run down to, out of some banisters i had left over from my deck project.

kpozr2
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
nice little project!

THUNDERBIRD
09-05-2006, 09:59 AM
thanks man. i think i might someday, when i am bored again, pull it back out and bondo it all smooth and whatnot, and throw some truck bedlining on it that i also have laying around. does that stuff stay good for long? kuz i have half a quart of it from over a year ago.

DaGh0st
09-05-2006, 10:04 AM
wowzers.
thats pretty neat.

skeptikal
09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
i got mad fiberglass laying around i needa come up with a project like this... nice little side work man

OCURIEL
09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
That looks great. I was actually planning on doing something similar. I wanted to create a complete substage just like that with power wires with quick connects, etc to sell on e-bay. Chickened out though. Wasn't sure if the demand was going to be high enough & i didn't want to be stuck with extra gear.

THUNDERBIRD
09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
That looks great. I was actually planning on doing something similar. I wanted to create a complete substage just like that with power wires with quick connects, etc. Chickened out though. Wasn't sure if the demand was going to be high enough & i didn't want to be stuck with extra gear.

i had that whole system in our old cherokee and it had the quick disconnects, which i need to get again, kuz we take this out bout once a month to fold the seats down and haul something. i need to get a pic of the ghetto *** guide i made to outline the amp. it is paint stir sticks hot glued together

baseballer1100
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Dude im bored and im gettind ready to fg what a great idea.

THUNDERBIRD
09-05-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah i tend to get bored and put off other projects around the house to do stereo stuff. i have had a hole in the back yard awaiting either a bush or dirt, and i have to finish some pavers in the sidewalk but the stereo takes the cake everytime

Raven
09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm contemplating using FG as a barrier form of sound deadener....

THUNDERBIRD
09-06-2006, 01:49 PM
dont know how that will work