PDA

View Full Version : i hate rain

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
i am in the process of making a fiberglass sub box to hold the four eD 9kv.2's i am getting.
last night i got my spare tire well all taped up and 2-3 layers of glass layed down.
i popped it out of the trunk and added a couple more layers until i went to bed last night.

now i wake up today wanting to finish the fiberglassing and build the mdf top of the box.
but it has been raining all freaking day :furious:
i went ahead and added more glass even though it probably wasnt a good idea with the weather and that one is almost done drying (with the help of 2 spot heaters).
but i cant get out the table saw to cut my mdf pieces and the jigsaw is at our shop :furious:
so i am sitting here on my day off wishing i could work on this **** box.

and i cant put my amps back in until i finish this box so i have no music in my car either :crying:
this is just shaping up to be a crappy *** day.

oh well maybe the rain will stop later.

~Magick_Man~

Kenny Pollock
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, you don't want to glass with rain... you'll regret it!

CBFryman2
09-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Glass inside ;). Resperator FTW.

I'm glad I have a car port to work under. :D

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah, you don't want to glass with rain... you'll regret it!

yeah i found that out.
and it is just barely raining enough that i cant do anything.

:crying: i just checked the weather channel and there is a lot of rain heading my way :crying:

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USTX0093?from=36hour_map_large

i am right between dallas and fort worth and that storm is heading straight to the east :crap:

so maybe i wont get much else done today

~Magick_Man~

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Glass inside ;). Resperator FTW.

I'm glad I have a car port to work under. :D

well i was doing it on the back porch out of the rain.
and my parents would kill me if i did it inside.
they dont like it when i bring finished pieces inside because they stink so bad.
i have a respirator too but the filters i have are just for dust so they dont help much :crap:

~Magick_Man~

Twistid
09-04-2006, 05:32 PM
i like rain :)

CJL
09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
i glass while rain :fyi:

:laugh:

BassTurd
09-04-2006, 05:47 PM
yeah i found that out.
and it is just barely raining enough that i cant do anything.

:crying: i just checked the weather channel and there is a lot of rain heading my way :crying:

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USTX0093?from=36hour_map_large

i am right between dallas and fort worth and that storm is heading straight to the east :crap:

so maybe i wont get much else done today

~Magick_Man~

I feel your pain, man! That storm has kept me from finishing my install this whole weekend. Been raining here three days straight, and I live in the **** desert!

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 06:08 PM
I feel your pain, man! That storm has kept me from finishing my install this whole weekend. Been raining here three days straight, and I live in the **** desert!

well the rain is a good thing because we have had very little this year but why did it have to come today :mad:

and to add to this crap my soda just exploded in my face/froze solid :furious:

~Magick_Man~

THUNDERBIRD
09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
doesnt sound like its your day. i would just go and borrow a jig saw or go to the shop and get it and cut the board, a lil rain never hurts

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
doesnt sound like its your day. i would just go and borrow a jig saw or go to the shop and get it and cut the board, a lil rain never hurts

i went ahead and pulled out the table saw on the back porch so i could get some pieces cut.
i started to fill it with water to figure out the volume but i have 2 or 3 pinhole leaks and i dont have any more resin to patch them with.
so i am going to make a run to homedepot and grab some more resin and some mat.
hopefully it isnt raining tomorrow and i can get some work done on it before i have to go to work.

the 9kv.2's will be here wednesday and i want it to be pretty much ready to drop them in.

now i just need to figure out how i am going to do the top.
right now i am planning on diong just a flat mdf baffle flush mounting them in that.
but with all this fiberglassing i might just go ahead and make the top out of fiberglass and mount the subs some other way.

who knows.
i guess i will figure out tomorrow, one way or another.

~Magick_Man~

mtdewelf
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
i will figure out tomorrow, one way or another.

~Magick_Man~

MAN LAW.

CBFryman2
Active Carbon Resperator filters FTW.

CBFryman2
and by inside I mean garadge.

~Magick_Man~
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
MAN LAW.
Indeed :toast:

Active Carbon Resperator filters FTW.
with those do you still smell the fiberglass or do they cut down on that.

and by inside I mean garadge.
i wish i could work in my garage but we have a 2 car garage full of boxes :crap:
maybe some day we will be able to park our cars in the garage.

~Magick_Man~