PDA

View Full Version : L7's need a box.

nickk678
09-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Well I have pretty much been forced into buying Kicker product now, because I get insane discounts on their stuff through work. I originally was planning on Arc audio amps, and 2 12" rl-p subs. However, I can get one L7 for the price of 2 rl-p's, and amps dirt cheap also.

Will the L7's sound good sealed? I don't have alot of room to work with, and I also am not a basshead. I listen to mainly rock/metal, and like tight, punchy bass. I know the L7's haven't exactly been praised as an SQ sub, and that's why I'm asking you guys to help me build the right box to get the best SQ out of them I can get.

I haven't decided if I should go with 10's or 12's; could use some help there. Either way, I will probably power them with the ZX 1500.1, and I assume ~750W per should be enough.

CJL
09-04-2006, 03:15 PM
i belive the CVX is a better sealed woofer

937DYTBOI
09-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Well I have pretty much been forced into buying Kicker product now, because I get insane discounts on their stuff through work. I originally was planning on Arc audio amps, and 2 12" rl-p subs. However, I can get one L7 for the price of 2 rl-p's, and amps dirt cheap also.

Will the L7's sound good sealed? I don't have alot of room to work with, and I also am not a basshead. I listen to mainly rock/metal, and like tight, punchy bass. I know the L7's haven't exactly been praised as an SQ sub, and that's why I'm asking you guys to help me build the right box to get the best SQ out of them I can get.

I haven't decided if I should go with 10's or 12's; could use some help there. Either way, I will probably power them with the ZX 1500.1, and I assume ~750W per should be enough.

Sounds like ur getting a great deal on subs man wish i had the hook up like that, my parents would have systems in their cars

hoodkid
09-04-2006, 03:19 PM
I see your in MI, I have a L7 box for sale

nickk678
09-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I'd like to build my own box, as I'm going to build it to fit my trunk. However, if you guys think the VX's are a better sealed woofer, maybe I'll have to think about those too.

smd4life
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
one l7 for the price of 2 RL-P's isn't a good deal

CJL
09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I'd like to build my own box, as I'm going to build it to fit my trunk. However, if you guys think the VX's are a better sealed woofer, maybe I'll have to think about those too.

polecat said that before i could be wrong though,also i sent you a PM ;)

Twistid
09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
well you CAN put L7's in a sealed box, they will still get plenty loud, someone in here had an L7 in 2.25 sealed and said it got plenty loud for him

and L7s have won many SQ awards ...

nickk678
09-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Like I said, the L7's are gunna cost me next to nothing (about 130 shipped a piece) and the VX's are even cheaper. My brother has an L7 in a ported box and it gets really loud, and doesn't sound all that bad with the music I listen to. I just assumed that 2 in a sealed box would sound even better.

orphe
09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Go for sealed and you wont be dissapointed. I had 2 12" L7 in a sealed box with about 1.7 cubic feet per internal chamber. pretty good SQ and SPL. Got real Low when Nessesary. I'd say go for it!