PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart QSCs have a slight buzz when turned up

Nucleareskimo
09-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Ya, i just put in my MB Quart QSC 216 comps in the temporary configuration so i can at least use them right now. Currently they are off axis in the lower front of the door panel and the tweeters are in teh triangle on the inside of the side view mirrors. This will soon be changed to kickpanels but i needed to get my old comps out and these in. Anyways the wiring to these is not spectacular at all due to many cirucumstances of the car, and the limited time i had to put them in. It has 2 runs of 16 guage to the headunit location, where the wire is connected to the stock wire to get into the doors with wire nuts. I know this is not a good way to do it, but as i said this is temporary and it is truly imposible to get new wire into the doors without major modification in my car. So then the wire goes to the crossover and is sent to the woofer and tweeter. The system is giving 200 watts rms to each speaker from a MB Quart RAA 2400. I confirmed with the mb quart tech guy that this should work fine. Anyways i have the gain all the way down, and the tweeters are getting a light fuzz when the system is turned up from about 25/35 and up to 35/35. This is like when you turn computer speakers up all the way, except the woofers are still extrememly clean. The headunit is a Kenwood KDC-X889 which has 5 volt preouts. Anyways i just need to know what is the likely cause of this and how can i fix it.

squeak9798
09-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Does this happen only with music playing, or also when there is no music (like in between tracks, pausing the CD player, etc) ?

Nucleareskimo
09-04-2006, 11:28 PM
its basically all the time when the system is on and the volume is in that range. kinda like turning a computer speaker up alot. Its certainly most noticable without music or on songs that arent constantly using the upper freq range.

heyman421
09-05-2006, 08:39 AM
bad power supply, maybe

or a channel taking a dump