PDA

View Full Version : 1.5^3 feet@32hz good for 10" Assassin?

NYR36
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
I was wondering if I build a box for my Assassin 10" sub with those specs^ what results would I yield.

I listen to death metal with quick double bass and rap that hits looooow and I wanna get loud doing it.

So in a perfect world I would like it to be punchy to hit the double bass correctly and be able to slam as well.

I'll be giving it 250w rms.

Maybe a huge sealed box would be better? like 1.5^3.

what are your thoughts?

xluben
09-04-2006, 01:10 PM
i think that box will sound great with rock.

with that much power and only a single 10", i'm not sure you'd be happy with the output of a sealed box. i think you'll be very impressed with the SQ of a well made ported box with an assassin in it!

just make sure you do all the calculations right, give it enough port area, and seal up all the joints, and you should be very impressed with output and SQ.

NYR36
09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
more responses!!!
bump

iamamp3pimp
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
i think that box will sound great with rock.

with that much power and only a single 10", i'm not sure you'd be happy with the output of a sealed box. i think you'll be very impressed with the SQ of a well made ported box with an assassin in it!

just make sure you do all the calculations right, give it enough port area, and seal up all the joints, and you should be very impressed with output and SQ.

x2