PDA

View Full Version : speaker crachling after turning off

mitchellz71
09-03-2006, 10:20 PM
just got some kappa coaxils installed today and im running them off a 4 chanel amp. only one of the speakers makes this noise and its like a popping crackling sound after i turn of the HU or turn of off the truck. the speaker sounds fine and all so i dont know what it could be, please help me!

and also one random question, when i listen to the radio at a certain volume, then switch to a cd at the same volume, the cd is louder and i was wondering if more watts are being pushed to the speakers with the cd, or if it is more straining on the speakers with the cd playing then with the radio playing at the same volume.

i know i kinda went another way with this thread but i really need help with the popping crackling sound,

thanks,
mitchell

edit- the kappas are not components but they do have a crossover if that matters

Megalomaniac
09-03-2006, 10:28 PM
its the quality differance. radio station dont put out the best quaility its prett poor to me IMO, but the new hidef sound that some broadcast is suppose to be excelant with the right equipment. CD quaility is if its pirated its around 192kbps and if its a pressed cd its 320kbps

mitchellz71
09-03-2006, 10:36 PM
thats what i thought but just wondering and thanks for that man.

what about the crackling though?

mitchell

Megalomaniac
09-03-2006, 10:39 PM
what kinda HU?. maybe when you shut off HU it gives an extra power to "drain" it from the HU

mitchellz71
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
its an older clarion

Megalomaniac
09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
hmm. clarion are supose to be great unless its one of those real old one with only a 3 band equilizer

mitchellz71
09-03-2006, 10:59 PM
its like 2 years old and has a silver face plate and the volume knob on the left and 6 presets on the right...

do you or anyone else think anything is wrong with it? it really bugs me when i pay a lot of money for something and it doesnt work the way it should:furious:

Megalomaniac
09-03-2006, 11:01 PM
could be a defective spker