PDA

View Full Version : Midbass response less while driving?

cleanerupper
09-03-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm having an issue with the midbass on my Boston Pro60's getting quieter while I'm on the road driving. The doors are fully deadened and sealed with 2 layers on the inner door and 2 layers on the outer doorskin. The only part that isn't sealed is the water drainage holes inside the door along the bottom.

There is not any closed cell foam or eggshell foam behind the speaker, will adding some help with this? Is the sound getting ****** out of the water drainage holes while I'm driving?

Thanks

squeak9798
09-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Probably just getting drowned out by road/engine/exhaust noise.

Do you have any sound deadening throughout the rest of the vehicle?

cleanerupper
09-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Nope, just in the doors. So you don't think putting the eggshell foam would help any?

squeak9798
09-03-2006, 09:31 AM
It would help in general. Don't believe it's going to help with the specific issue you have having much unless you also deadened your entire car with both mass loading and barrier loading products to reduce external noise interference.

Honestly, that's the only possible reason that there would be a difference in the midbass of the system between the car on and car off....the road/exhaust/engine noise.

FoxPro5
09-03-2006, 12:39 PM
The eggshell foam will prevent the backwave from reflecting off the door skin and coming back and hitting the speaker. It can't hurt.

What could help your problem would be to deaden the door skins with mat or liquid and then add a layer or two of sound insulation like Ensolite or OverKill. This helped me a ton.

But I agree with Squeak, road noise is a *****. My midbass probably doubles once I stop driving or come to a stop light. :)

Sonnick
09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Probably just getting drowned out by road/engine/exhaust noise.
x2

cleanerupper
09-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I'll probably end up buying some Ensolite and additional deadening to add to the front and rear doors. Hopefully this will help out my problem.

Johnny Drama
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Deadening the entire car will be a night and day difference. I know it was definatly for my truck. I only have the rear pillars left to do and its been a drastic reduction in noise and a major increase in the sound levels of my stereo.