PDA

View Full Version : mb quart rce, rvf series, any good?

carco_dr
09-01-2006, 01:05 AM
i am thinking of buying the rce-216 or rvf-216 components. are the tweets too bright and if so can i adjust them with my deck (pioneer deh- 6800mp). how is the mid-bass? i am going to get an alpine amp, i think the specs are: 75 x 4 @ 4ohm, 100 x 4 @ 2 ohm and bridged 200 x 2 @ 4 ohm. i saw them on eBay. I am looking to spend about $150 on the components.

carco_dr
09-01-2006, 01:17 AM
i forgot to ask what is the difference between silk, titanium, aluminum, etc. tweeters. i think the metals create bright highs and the silk create soft highs. can someone help with this. I don't want the highs to break glass but i want clean sound.

Hoodlum007
09-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Dont get those mb's trust me, i was using mb speakers and they sounded like hell.. the tweeter was so harsh and sharp i could never turn the volume up and when i did i would always get a headache from them. the alum tweeter they use i just cant stand.

i switched over to cdt audio cl61a with silk dome tweeters and i could not be happier with the sound quality they provide, i can turn the volume up all the way with no harshness on the tweeters with absolute crystal clear hi's. here is a link if you want to look the specs of them

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=4418