PDA

View Full Version : My new Speakers finally came in. No more Bose!!

Beat_Dominator
08-31-2006, 08:03 PM
As JimJ and I have discussed, I have issues and this time I kind of over did it. I wanted speakers that would allow me to enjoy my gear (Bose 501s stink :fyi:).

At first I wanted little mini-monitors but that t00b jerk JimJ told me "you want full range".... and I was like..... yer right I totally do! Next thing you know, my budget has doubled and I end up with 2- 6 foot tall speakers. Well.... I don't have any ROOM for 6ft. tall speakers right now! So I had them shipped to my parents house.

Thanks a lot JimJ@!! :mad:

Here is a VERY temporary setup I had to make sure they weren't DOA. They sound pretty friggin' amazing to me. *Note the sweet power strip and too-short speaker wire ;) *

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-11/1111760/htset.jpg

Here you see:

a) Martin Logan Sequel II electrostats.
b) Forte Model 6a amplifier.
c) Arcam Alpha 8 CD player.
d) Parasound Halo P3 preamp.
e) Sony Grand Wega 60" TV.

80INCHES
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
u know your **** when it comes to home audio

JimJ
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Listen to the Marantz with them yet?

azbass
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
woot!

azbass
08-31-2006, 08:12 PM
now if you can shove them speakers in to your car so IT can sound good too.. !

baseballer1100
08-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Wow those are amazing.

Eugenics
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
lawl, you could've just called me and i would've picked them up myself. i drive around there all the time. Lawrence is my homes ******

joetama
08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow man you have taste. You have really surprised me here BD. Good Choice on the ML's.....

Welcome to the High End Home Audio Club…..

Flipx99
08-31-2006, 11:24 PM
Care to PM me how much something like that would cost?

joetama
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Do those have the SL3 upgrade in them or not?

Echo42987
09-01-2006, 12:31 AM
mmm Martin Logans! I use to sell those for tweeter...

Very very good speakers

Only downfall is there extremley directional. Meaning they have to be facing you almost exactly to hear the purest sound!

But gosh dude....thats one hell of a setup I'm not gonna lie. I like the choice in amps

What are you doin' for the rest of the surround!?

Bose ='s the worst product made to man but the best marketing system ever lol

-Nick-

ravendarat
09-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Im not gonna lie, I was never a fan of the ML Electrostats, but I know a lot of people that like em so I would never fault you for buying them ;) And I really like the rest of the gear, esspecially the preamp

Beat_Dominator
09-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Listen to the Marantz with them yet?

Not yet :crying:

now if you can shove them speakers in to your car so IT can sound good too.. !

:crap:

lawl, you could've just called me and i would've picked them up myself. i drive around there all the time. Lawrence is my homes ******

I WISH I could afford new ones :p:

Wow man you have taste. You have really surprised me here BD. Good Choice on the ML's.....

Welcome to the High End Home Audio Club…..

Well duh I have taste, that's why I have to make fun of your weaksauce cables! No welcome the the club needed, I've been in the club for a long long time, only the stuff was what I talked my parents into getting ;)

Do those have the SL3 upgrade in them or not?

No, these are the original panels as far as the serial numbers tell me. If I bought new ones they would not have the hrizontal stripes you see.

mmm Martin Logans! I use to sell those for tweeter...

Very very good speakers

Only downfall is there extremley directional. Meaning they have to be facing you almost exactly to hear the purest sound!

But gosh dude....thats one hell of a setup I'm not gonna lie. I like the choice in amps

What are you doin' for the rest of the surround!?

Bose ='s the worst product made to man but the best marketing system ever lol

-Nick-

Surround?! This is pure stereo, just as it should be :)

..... and I agree, quite poor off-axis response horizontally. Good thing I don't need good response anywhere but the listening chair.

Im not gonna lie, I was never a fan of the ML Electrostats, but I know a lot of people that like em so I would never fault you for buying them ;) And I really like the rest of the gear, esspecially the preamp

:bsflag: you're a fan. I've pretty much gotten my classification of what I like in reproduced sound down, and that is clear midrange. My first impression of these reminded me of my AKG K501 headphones, pretty weak down low but perfect for me everywhere else. I am hoping that adding the Ark will help me get a balance there :)

azbass
09-01-2006, 02:08 AM
they are pretty speakers though

JimJ
09-01-2006, 02:10 AM
I love the equipment organization...oh wait...

;)

Beat_Dominator
09-01-2006, 02:18 AM
:crying: so cruel........

ravendarat
09-01-2006, 02:19 AM
I cant believe I got the B.S. Flag flown on my Opinion :)

azbass
09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
oh hows the "arc" going?

Beat_Dominator
09-01-2006, 02:21 AM
oh hows the "arc" going?

Don't ask :crap:

JimJ
09-01-2006, 02:21 AM
C'mon, we all know real high end freaks put their amps on butcher block...connected with garden hoses, I mean biaxially vertically oriented crosspolarized harmonically capacitive interconnectivity devices...

:D

Beat_Dominator
09-01-2006, 02:22 AM
C'mon, we all know real high end freaks put their amps on butcher block...connected with garden hoses, I mean biaxially vertically oriented crosspolarized harmonically capacitive interconnectivity devices...

:D

How funny you should say that.... :sneaky:

Chevyaudio
09-01-2006, 02:25 AM
Im with AZ mike put them in your car...Fo Shizzle

Beat_Dominator
09-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I'll need a bigger car! :)