PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Jeep Cherokee Back Speakers Issues

Kristic
08-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I recently bought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Its a nice ride, but the sound system on it is almost nonexisitant. I was able to replace the head, and now I'm moving onto the speakers. Well, it is a jeep with only 2 front speakers, nothing in the back. I would love to put some speakers in the back, ideally some 6"x9"s. But I am unsure on where I would put these speakers. I looked in the back doors, and there doesnt seem to be a place for the speakers. Basically, I just would like to know if there is some easy way to fix this issue I have. Is there places were these speakers would go that I completely missed. And if there is, do you think that it is already wired? Thanks for all your support, I've looked for info, and turned up empty handed.

beckSHO
08-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I recently bought a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Its a nice ride, but the sound system on it is almost nonexisitant. I was able to replace the head, and now I'm moving onto the speakers. Well, it is a jeep with only 2 front speakers, nothing in the back. I would love to put some speakers in the back, ideally some 6"x9"s. But I am unsure on where I would put these speakers. I looked in the back doors, and there doesnt seem to be a place for the speakers. Basically, I just would like to know if there is some easy way to fix this issue I have. Is there places were these speakers would go that I completely missed. And if there is, do you think that it is already wired? Thanks for all your support, I've looked for info, and turned up empty handed.

I would recommend you replace your front speakers first. Also, lots of people around here don't even use rear speakers. Just a couple thoughts.

What year is your jeep? I used to have a 96 Sport, 3" lift with 31" all-terrains. That was a fun vehicle.

Kristic
08-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I would recommend you replace your front speakers first. Also, lots of people around here don't even use rear speakers. Just a couple thoughts.

What year is your jeep? I used to have a 96 Sport, 3" lift with 31" all-terrains. That was a fun vehicle.

First Sentence of my post. Its a 1999.

I am considering lifting mine a bit aswell. but thats a costly project