PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker

scarysoul
08-28-2006, 11:40 AM
say i have an SUV, and i'm planning to put some speaker at the back facing outside... i'm not going to switch it on when i'm driving, but gonna switch it on when i stop and open the back door and listening the music from outside the car... now the question is, is it a good idea to put a 3-way speaker in this setup, or would a 2-way would be sufficient enough? coz i'll be hoping to hear the midbass too outside the car...

Twistid
08-28-2006, 11:45 AM
is that how they parking lot pimp in brunei?

here people just drive around with there doors wide open...

Railrocker
08-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Ya dude just pop da hatch and open the doors. Thats what I do when camping or a keg parties.

scarysoul
08-28-2006, 12:18 PM

here people just drive around with there doors wide open...

err... drive with their doors wide open???

erm... anyway... what i meant as rear door is, say a three door RAV4, 2 door in front and one big door at the back... and i'm planning to put the speaker at the very back of the car facing outside... and yeah, i will be turning those speaker on only when i'm hanging out or something, but not while driving... :)

scarysoul
08-28-2006, 12:31 PM
you can do that if you've got em on an amplifier. then you can just switch the remote wire.

so is it ok to put a 3-way component there, or would a 2-way component would be sufficient enough?

scarysoul
08-28-2006, 12:42 PM
components in the rear door? components back there would be a waste of time. Or do you mean like a 3-way coaxial?

i have come to the conclusion that all the extra "ways" on a coaxial speaker are a marketing ploy to cover up poorly built tweeters. If you get a solid 2-way, you'll be fine.

erm... yeah... but hear some ppl setup that use coax at the rear somehow lack of clarity, loud but not really "nice" to my ear... that's way i was planning to put a 3-way component at the back so i can hear everything including the midbass... bear in mind that the component will be facing outside the car as in away from the driver seat...

Railrocker
08-28-2006, 12:50 PM
When I did construction I used to have some pioneer bass reflex truck speakers had a woofer and tweeter in them. I had about six feet of extra speaker wire on them and I would take them out and set them on my roof. Not the best sound quality but at least I had tunes while I worked. Might try these.

scarysoul
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM

oh yeah... most you guys will laugh at how ppl install their system here in brunei... i'll post some of the pic when i get some free time to upload the pics... but try to imagine this, majority uses Sony Xplod... and i'm not kidding... :)