PDA

View Full Version : focal 165 k3ps

whosyodaddy74
08-28-2006, 09:49 AM
thoughts on the Focal 165 k3ps? 165 k2ps?

OnYrMrk
08-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I run the K3P's in my competition car and I must say the sound is outstanding. The midrange is a true midrange and brings out the vocals with a definate richness. The TN52 tweeter is at times harsh, but if you install it right, tune it right, you can get some sweet music out of them. The midbass driver is amazing. They are power hungry, I have nearly 200w going to each, with the addition of a new 4 channel amp, needless to say I am running all active. I think you will be happily satisfied with these. But I would be doing you a disservice without offering you some other comparable products, such as Seas Lotus, Morel, Dynaudio, Zapco, DLS Iridium, Rainbow and Genesis. All of these are at the same price point as the K3p's. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. --Joe

whosyodaddy74
08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
thats exactly what i wanted to hear :D

thanks joe

any other thoughts?

bri487
08-29-2006, 12:21 AM
I run the K3P's in my competition car and I must say the sound is outstanding. The midrange is a true midrange and brings out the vocals with a definate richness. The TN52 tweeter is at times harsh, but if you install it right, tune it right, you can get some sweet music out of them. The midbass driver is amazing. They are power hungry, I have nearly 200w going to each, with the addition of a new 4 channel amp, needless to say I am running all active. I think you will be happily satisfied with these. But I would be doing you a disservice without offering you some other comparable products, such as Seas Lotus, Morel, Dynaudio, Zapco, DLS Iridium, Rainbow and Genesis. All of these are at the same price point as the K3p's. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for. --Joe

zapco, dynaudio, seas would be my top three choices at the moment. i personally have run the dynaudio system 240gt, and at the moment i have the zapco reference blue cone components and i am extremely happy with them, oh, and they are active by the way.

NoLimit
08-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Josh and your focals :)

Car audio gets expensive, its impossible to stop upgrading :)

dimond
08-29-2006, 08:31 AM
either way K2P or K3P badasss speakers..

SQChevy
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey joe, Focal SQ Team ?? Who all is on that team? Who are you running with as far as SQ people?

OnYrMrk
08-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey joe, Focal SQ Team ?? Who all is on that team? Who are you running with as far as SQ people?

On Team Cobra: aka Focal SQ Team

Jan Bennett - Intermediate Consumer - Low Watt
Joe Wallis (myself) - Intermediate Consumer - High Watt
Roland Frobose - Advanced Consumer - High Watt
Mike Lau - Advanced Consumer - Low Watt
Chris Pate - Expert

Chris is no longer in College Station - he's now in Tulsa working with Gary Biggs out of car toys in tulsa.

I have heard that Nick Wingate might be joining us...and I believe that a few more will join before Finals

SQChevy
08-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok, I was thinking that was you. I'm Rolands. :) I know Chris is in Tulsa, he picked up my truck to work on it for the next month. Don't forget Loo, the DTS Lexus, and if it's Team Cobra then Mickey Brones should be on there. Although, due to recent events I'm not sure what he is running at the moment. Chris Roadie (not sure of the spelling) and I believe there is one more in the making as well. Nick runs with us though I'm not sure if he is planning on competing anymore, it would be cool if he did.

OnYrMrk
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Well hell, what do you think about a team Cobra meet in Dallas?? I know my car is in pieces, but I would like to get to know the team before I make the trip to KC