PDA

View Full Version : I listen to trance/house/techno

zSnb
08-28-2006, 03:23 AM
what would be a good set of components and 6x9's to go into an 03 dodge neon?? from what i've been reading on this forum, some speakers sound better depending on what music is playing on them. I listen to Trance,DnB,House,Techno so the beats are faster and there is bit more melody than most rap which seems to be centered around the rapper's voice. any help is much appreciated.

headless
08-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Budget?

zSnb
08-28-2006, 12:21 PM
oops i forgot to include that i dont want to spend more than $220 per set of speakers.

DejaWiz
08-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Pioneer Revs for the 6x9s and Alpine Type X components up front.

zSnb
08-30-2006, 02:17 AM
alpine type-x huh? ive done a little searching on those and im finding a few people complaining that they cant take alot of power w/o blowing out. anyone else experience this from alpine??? i looked up the momo's and alot of people seemed really happy with them. alot of people seem really happy about the revs also and the price on those speakers is amazing. how do the revs stand up to the momo's???

DejaWiz
08-30-2006, 09:24 AM
The Type X's don't need a lot of power to perform. Heck, REV 6.5" components are only rated for 60w rms; that's 15w less than the X's.

You generally need to apply 10 times the amount of power to get twice as loud (eg: a speaker with 7.5w rms from a HU will only get half as loud as 75w rms from an amp).

If you want to keep them all the same, then go with REV or Momo all the way around. I still vote for Type X comps up front, though. ;)