PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglassing rear deck (underside)

Spaceboy464
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
So after I took out my IB setup I was left with a huge (sloppy) hole in my rear deck. If I sell or give back the car (lease) I would not like to leave this hole there. I have the cut out from the deck but I was told if I wanted to weld (extreme I know) it back in I would have to possibly remove the rear window. So I was wondering how hard (and how would I) go about creating a fiberglass mold to put under the rear deck? This way I could make something that looks nice and would allow sound through from the trunk. Also the car came with these little groccery hooks under the deck. I would love to be able to put these back on for resale value. Thanks! Oh and I have never worked with 'glass before but am ready to learn!

~Magick_Man~
08-28-2006, 01:54 AM
you should be able to weld it back in there.
but you would have to take all the carpet out of the trunk and weld from the bottom.
it wouldn't be fun to do but it is possible.

~Magick_Man~

Spaceboy464
08-28-2006, 10:04 AM
you should be able to weld it back in there.
but you would have to take all the carpet out of the trunk and weld from the bottom.
it wouldn't be fun to do but it is possible.

~Magick_Man~

Really? I didn't think of that! The trunk is REALLY easy to take apart. The main carpet just comes out since the spare is under it and the side panneling is like 6 clips and a tab or two. This guy at my work can weld i'll see if he's up for it. But i'm still interested in knowing how to fiberglass it.