PDA

View Full Version : My headunit-Coaxials-Amp

PureReKoP
08-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Hey so I found my headunit I bought like 4 years ago http://www.hotbuyselectronics.com/item_detail.php?item_id=109379

Anyways Im looking 4 coaxails and wanna know if I need new head unit.

Another question is I have a "Legacy" Amp 2chX500 (which prolly is bs) but it has worked for years and pushed my MtX 10's well.

Can this legacy amp run the coaxial'sor or does it have 2 be a 4 channel amp.

squeak9798
08-27-2006, 09:11 AM
It doesn't have to be a 4 channel amplifier. But if you run 4 co-axials from a 2-channel amplifier, you will lose your ability to fade front to rear.

What you would definitely want to do was to be sure you wired the left side speakers to one channel and the right side speakers to the 2nd channel. This way you will retain stereo sound. Some people wire both front speakers to one channel and both rear speakers to the 2nd channel....this is a big no-no.

Also be sure that amplifier can handle running 2ohms per channel.

Lastly, are you still using this amplifier for the subs? Because if so you could not use it to power your speakers aswell (well, technically there is a way....but with as cheap as amplifiers are these days you would be better off going with a different amplifier or using the headunit's internal amp).

And no, you would not need a new headunit. If you planned on running two amplifiers from the one RCA output, you would simply need a y-splitter.

PureReKoP
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
No I plan on using the Legacy amp only to the run the coaxail's. Sadly I just learned they only come in front/rear So my 400$ range on a set has just moved down to 200$.

Will 2 set's for 200$ sound "ALOT BETTER" then the cheap stock speakers my car came with in 97

PureReKoP
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Bump please.

squeak9798
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Sadly I just learned they only come in front/rear So my 400$ range on a set has just moved down to 200$.

Huh? What do you mean "they only come in front/rear"?

Will 2 set's for 200$ sound "ALOT BETTER" then the cheap stock speakers my car came with in 97

Yes.