PDA

View Full Version : vetkilr---watch out!!

silvermagnum
08-26-2006, 11:28 PM
I paid vetkilr $230.00 for a refurbished/reman Kicker 650.4 amp. It was dead when I got it. I have spent over $100.00 to try and repair it. The first time it was $75.00 for them to fix an open trace on the board. Now it has trouble staying on. It goes off and on, 2 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Best shop in the area just told me the amp is a lemon, but he will keep trying to fix it for me.

When I let vetkilr know, here was his response:

I didnt give you a doa amp knowingly.
If it is dead and really is dead.
You still have a warr. with kicker.
Call them on Mon. Look on the side of the box it has a sticker.It has a item number.There is another one with the serial number.
Dont know why you would open up the amp???
Kinda wierd.
I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.
I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....

bigbangtheory
08-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Man, I almost thought about snatching up one of his Lanzar amps too. Thanks for the input and have to say kinda dissapointing. :(

mtdewelf
08-27-2006, 02:42 PM
I paid vetkilr $230.00 for a refurbished/reman Kicker 650.4 amp. It was dead when I got it. I have spent over $100.00 to try and repair it. The first time it was $75.00 for them to fix an open trace on the board. Now it has trouble staying on. It goes off and on, 2 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Best shop in the area just told me the amp is a lemon, but he will keep trying to fix it for me.

Call them on Mon. Look on the side of the box it has a sticker.It has a item number.There is another one with the serial number.
Kinda wierd.
I would see what kicker does you have 90 days on thier refurbs and Im sure they honor it.
I never checked that amp,didnt even take it out of the plastic so your gripe is with Kicker and they will honor thier warr. sorry it doesnt work but dont understand exactly why it doesnt.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....

uh, sounds like he told you how to deal with it. now if you try and they don't honor the warrenty then get at him. perhaps trying to get him to split shipping to kicker with you, or all of it. how long ago you get the amp?

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 02:44 PM
speaking **** about vetkilr scamming you is pretty pathetic IMO. Dude is straight chill and wouldnt do that to someone. HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING. He told you how to fix it, and YOU CANT GET IT DONE YET AS ITS SUNDAY.

gl0ck
08-27-2006, 02:45 PM
uh, sounds like he told you how to deal with it. now if you try and they don't honor the warrenty then get at him. perhaps trying to get him to split shipping to kicker with you, or all of it. how long ago you get the amp?

Sounds like he had no idea, send it to kicker and see what they say. Its an understandable situation not soo pathetic.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 02:46 PM
if he didnt open it, just merely had it refurbed and sent it out, theres no reason for this post. Call kicker and get your warranty work done. People jump on people too **** quick.

cyantist
08-27-2006, 02:46 PM
What is he supposed to do?? If it was a new refurb, you should have dealt with Kicker on it.. Now that you've had someone else open the amp, I'm sure Kicker won't help you.. And sending it back to vetkilr leaves him with a dead amp with no warranty.. I don't know exactly what your complaint is here or what you expect the seller to do?

But I think we might not be hearing the whole story..

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 02:49 PM
What is he supposed to do?? If it was a new refurb, you should have dealt with Kicker on it.. Now that you've had someone else open the amp, I'm sure Kicker won't help you.. And sending it back to vetkilr leaves him with a dead amp with no warranty.. I don't know exactly what your complaint is here or what you expect the seller to do?

But I think we might not be hearing the whole story..

Exactly if you have had SOMEONE ELSE touch it.....I doubt kicker will fix it under warranty.

snoopdan
jumping the gun and ruining someone's online rep over something this stupid IS pathetic. so simmer down noob, no one is trying to scam you. Plus, your retarded for opening it up and breaking the warranty seal on it since it already is under warranty under Kicker.....WTF would you do something that stupid?

:ban:

Worlddre
how can you blame hime when it was still in plastic when you received it

dkguitarist
08-27-2006, 03:32 PM
he told ya how to fix it. i've dealt with the guy. straight up guy and very trustworthy. you messed up on your part, and now YOU are SOL. should've contacted kicker FIRST THING if it was a brand new refurb. there are the occasions where people DO RECEIVE FAULTY AMPS FROM FACTORY but most get it taken care of without any trouble.

cut the guy some slack.

self-pwnage ftl.

Johnny Drama
08-27-2006, 04:07 PM
OK gents...You're all wrong....

Member paid for a refurbished, working amp. He received a non working amp. Yes, he shouldn't have opened the amp, but it is the seller responsibility to guarantee a working amp.

Now, if they had discussed that the amp "may not work" then your points are valid.

Silver, I would contact vetkilr again and express that you wanted a working amp. Its really your choice though. I would be sending him that amp back ASAP for a refund so he can deal with the headaches of shipping to Kicker for a repair.

Chevyaudio
08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Should of been refunded....Vetkiler should of gotten the amp fixed and then sold it. Im with Jntar, Even if the amp was recieved in Factory Plastic Its still the responsibility of the seller to produce a working product if a working product was "sold". Though the buyer should not of opened the amp...and probably voided the kicker waranty by having an un-authorized dealer/repair shop fix it. Now its on the buyer to fix it...I know it ***** but thats the only way its going to happen now.

gl0ck
08-27-2006, 04:17 PM
OK gents...You're all wrong....

Member paid for a refurbished, working amp. He received a non working amp. Yes, he shouldn't have opened the amp, but it is the seller responsibility to guarantee a working amp.

Now, if they had discussed that the amp "may not work" then your points are valid.

Silver, I would contact vetkilr again and express that you wanted a working amp. Its really your choice though. I would be sending him that amp back ASAP for a refund so he can deal with the headaches of shipping to Kicker for a repair.

Kicker 650.4 Reman. new in box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got it. Gonna go another route.Still in the plastic guys.Just want What I paid.
Askin 250.00 shipped actually paid 275.00 shipped but oh well..

Reguardless of what he expected to get he got exactly that a remanufactured new in box amp. Send it back to kicker and deal with it.

Johnny Drama
08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Reguardless of what he expected to get he got exactly that a remanufactured new in box amp. Send it back to kicker and deal with it.

So it should work and my point still stands. Sellers problem.

forbidden
08-27-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree. This is no different that if a person buys a amp from a storefront. If the amp is doa, then back to the store it goes for repair for the purchaser to send the item to service. A contract was made and the item was not as purchased. This leaves the seller holding the bag I hate to say. If the seller is as good as he has been made out to be, he should have zero issues looking after this amp for the purchaser. That is what a good seller would indeed do.

cyantist
08-27-2006, 04:41 PM
I disagree jntar.. He should have sent the amp back BEFORE he had it repaired.. Sending it back to the seller with a now voided warranty isn't the right thing to do since he can now not get warranty thru Kicker.. I agree that it should have been tested first, but the seller assumed that it worked since it was a new refurb.. The problem is that the buyer tried to have the amp repaired before contacting the seller, if we are getting the whole story.. But since the buyer did not state otherwise, we can only assume this is the case.. As soon as the buyer had the amp 'opened', it was his problem.. I don't know how you can see it any other way..

cyantist
08-27-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree. This is no different that if a person buys a amp from a storefront. If the amp is doa, then back to the store it goes for repair for the purchaser to send the item to service. A contract was made and the item was not as purchased. This leaves the seller holding the bag I hate to say. If the seller is as good as he has been made out to be, he should have zero issues looking after this amp for the purchaser. That is what a good seller would indeed do.
Exactly, and this is why it should have been returned to the 'storefront' instead of taking it for service somewhere else and complaining about it after the fact.. We should all wait for the seller to tell his side before jumping to any more conclusions though..

Johnny Drama
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
I disagree jntar.. He should have sent the amp back BEFORE he had it repaired.. Sending it back to the seller with a now voided warranty isn't the right thing to do since he can now not get warranty thru Kicker.. I agree that it should have been tested first, but the seller assumed that it worked since it was a new refurb.. The problem is that the buyer tried to have the amp repaired before contacting the seller, if we are getting the whole story.. But since the buyer did not state otherwise, we can only assume this is the case.. As soon as the buyer had the amp 'opened', it was his problem.. I don't know how you can see it any other way..

I said in my post that he shouldn't have opened it up.

Digital B
08-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow. Just because vetkilr is "well-known" has a problem.. that is HIS problem. Almost everyone automatically backs him. This was the sellers fault. The buyer was expecting a working amp. He didn't pay 230bux for an amp, that he would have to have Kicker fix it.
Both parties at fault.

Edit: Nothing againist Vetkilr. Just stating a point about "well-known" people.

cyantist
08-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Nobody is saying that.. The problem is that he had it repaired and voided the warranty BEFORE he sent it back to the seller.. So, that means it's the buyers fault.. Does nobody commenting here realize that the warranty is now void?? Why should this be the sellers fault? He didn't open the amp, the buyer did, thereby voiding the warranty.. The question is, why did the buyer have the amp repaired instead of sending it back to the seller? If the seller refused to take the amp back before the attempted repair, then I could see the problem.. But we don't know if that's the case yet.. All we have to go on is what the buyer told the seller AFTER the attempted repair, if you refer to the first post..

cyantist
08-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I said in my post that he shouldn't have opened it up.
And now knowing that he did have it opened up and voided the warranty, you still think the seller is in the wrong? I don't get it.. :eyebrow:

snoopdan
08-27-2006, 05:04 PM
this is no different then if you went and bought a used car with a warranty, then the car gets and oil leak so you take it to some unauthorized service station to get it fixed, then complain when the dealer doesnt want to honor the service stations repairs.

The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to complain. That was HIS decision!

danteBirosel
08-27-2006, 05:05 PM
What you do is talk to Polecat. Tracy is a great guy to deal with, i had a big problem with my product that got fux0red by someonne in sounddomain, and Tracy was there to help.

So find his number and call him tomorrow asap!

Dante

gl0ck
08-27-2006, 05:06 PM
this is no different then if you went and bought a used car with a warranty, then the car gets and oil leak so you take it to some unauthorized service station to get it fixed, then complain when the dealer doesnt want to honor the service stations repairs.

The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to *****. That was HIS decision!

Great point, IMO

Johnny Drama
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
What you do is talk to Polecat. Tracy is a great guy to deal with, i had a big problem with my product that got fux0red by someonne in sounddomain, and Tracy was there to help.

So find his number and call him tomorrow asap!

Dante

Good point/idea.

jeeper07
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM
well i have read this thread and i understand both sides views. Now in my mind the question really is. is vetkilr any kind of scammer. The answer is no. He did not know the amp was not working, nor did he ever tell the purchaser to buzz off. He offered help and im sure if the purchaser had talked to him more than once about the problem a better solution would have been reached. The thread was a little early in my opinion but lets try to get this cleared up with out any more bashing . Good luck to both people and i hope for the best

cyantist
08-27-2006, 05:11 PM

The second it was opened up the amp he gave up his right to complain. That was HIS decision!
A person with some sense.. This was exactly what I was trying to say.. I don't know how anybody can argue otherwise.. The seller did nothing wrong here IMO..

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 08:07 PM

Kinda wierd.

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Beware folks....

The reponse posted above was the last I gave him as I didnt believe him at this point cause it seem as though in my eyes he was winging his story as he went.
First off:
He PM'd me on a Sunday.
What Stereo Shoppe is open on a Sunday?
If you had a problem with a individual and knew the product was really bad and you had nothin to do with said product goin bad wouldnt you contact the seller firstthing?? I Would.I wouldnt wait til Sunday night. Kinda fishy in my eyes,but was willing to work with him. Here is some more of conversation with Silvermag. on what happend.
[/QUOTE]He was installing 4 new Kappas in my car. He took out the the 300/2 when he was putting in the new speakers. I brought him the amp, he tested it, and said ."Uh-oh, I don't think you are going to be happy..." He then opened it up and showed me how one of the copper "arms" was fried. He told me to take it to a friend of his that sells Kicker(40 miles away) and now that shop is going to try to repair it. He says Kicker will not warranty it and whoever told me that is feeding me full of _____. He is going to try to fix it this week. Will hopefully only cost me $50-$75, and then I get to drive there again and hope it works. I should have just bought a new one, as I have more into this one than I would have if I had just picked up a new one.

Yeah, my gripe is with Kicker. You are right. I am so sorry....[/QUOTE]
My reply:

[vetkilr]Dont know why you would open up the amp???
Kinda wierd.
There is nothin wrong with this forum or me.Ive doen many amp trades and sales and there has been nothin wrong with any of them cause I wouldnt sell them if there was.
If it didnt work at your friends shop then why did you try and hook it up in your car???
He had said he didnt want to coem and buy from a forum such as this and I had said that I was really wery about sellin to someone who had such limited posts.
I even told my wife before he pmd me the first time and told her I had never sold anything to anyone who had never asked for tracking number/told me it had arrived,or was no part of the sale except to send money.All I got was this when I asked him if he got it.
7/23

Yep, it has arrived. I haven't hooked it up yet, however. THANKS
Then 2 weeks later I get this:
8/06

I tried to install the 650.4 yesterday. You shipped me a blown amp. It is DOA!! THANKS for stealing my money!!!

If he would have sent it back, I could have got it fixed by Kicker myself not a problem.
Matter of fact I had another BNIB refurb 650.4 here at my house I would have sent out once I got the first one back.(I would of waited to get the first one fixed.)

This is the Deal:
He never gave me a chance to do anything.
He wanted to do it all himself.
He broke the amp apart before talking to me.
He took the amp to get repaired himself.
He never talked to kicker.
The phone number for kicker/serial number/warr. info was all there and he still has time left on the warr.
All of this could of been avoided PERIOD.
Anyone that has met me knows I not a scammer and anyone that had sold or bought from me on here nows I pay fast and ship fast and products are as advertized.

I didnt not test this amp as it was new in box,but my gut tells me this amp worked fine and something was done wrong by this guy and he was trying to hide something..........why else would you not want to go through the seller and take it upon yourself first to get it fixed when it has a warrenty and you were told so when you bought it???

Maybe Im wrong so somebody tell me why but if he would of went through me and or kicker and it would of been fixed no doubt...........PERIOD.There must of been something done wrong to want to go the route he did instead of going the right route.

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I bet he posts this on here and doesnt even reply...............

God Im pissed he didnt come to me about this in the first place.

Some things are so simple to fix but can be made so difficult by stupidity.

sanmarcosZfreak
08-27-2006, 08:20 PM
dude vetkilr is a **** good guy he wouldn' scam anyone

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 08:25 PM
dude vetkilr is a **** good guy he wouldn' scam anyone

Thankx bro.

This from a Dude I met once at a Car show............that is the vibe I put off and roll life like:D

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow. Just because vetkilr is "well-known" has a problem.. that is HIS problem. Almost everyone automatically backs him. This was the sellers fault. The buyer was expecting a working amp. He didn't pay 230bux for an amp, that he would have to have Kicker fix it.
Both parties at fault.

Edit: Nothing againist Vetkilr. Just stating a point about "well-known" people.

I know Joel, had dinner with him actually. He wasted his gas to go get some asian starbucks for me and some friends, him included not having a CLUE What to expect. Drove across town for dinner, wasted his money on a small *** meet in Orlando. He wouldnt jip somebody on a product is my point, he has no reason to take someones money, he has his own :)

silvermagnum
08-27-2006, 08:27 PM
To all who say I am "retarded", a "noob", and all of the other insulting remarks...

LISTEN

When you schedule time in a shop for 2 weeks to get $3,000 worth of work done, and the one thing that doesn't work is your amp, you tend to want to fix the amp IMMEDIATELY if you can. Yeah, if all I cared about was sending it in and waiting 2 more months to get it back and that was fine, then, sure, I just would have sent it to Kicker.

BUT

The Kicker dealer I took it to said the included Kicker certificate that was obviously done on a copy machine and the lack of the appropriate sticker would get me nowhere on trying to have the warranty honored. ALSO, I would have to pay shipping to get it shipped in and HOPE that they would do something.

AND LASTLY

the rocket cyantist that says I should have sent it back to vetkilr is no rocket scientist. Vetkilr had my $230, and he shipped me a dead amp. Am I going to send the amp back to him and hope on a prayer that he sends me back my money or in some other way fixes the situation? Who is the retard now?
I had the shop try to fix it because I did not want to waste more time in getting my system going, and in all likelihood, sending the amp to Kicker or back to Vetkilr would not result in getting the issue resolved anyway.

When you advertise a working amp, take someone's money, and then send him a dead amp, I believe you do a little more than say,"Your gripe is with Kicker, not me." But then, I sell B2B for a living and care about the value of what I am selling to my customer.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
To all who say I am "retarded", a "noob", and all of the other insulting remarks...

LISTEN

When you schedule time in a shop for 2 weeks to get $3,000 worth of work done, and the one thing that doesn't work is your amp, you tend to want to fix the amp IMMEDIATELY if you can. Yeah, if all I cared about was sending it in and waiting 2 more months to get it back and that was fine, then, sure, I just would have sent it to Kicker.

BUT

The Kicker dealer I took it to said the included Kicker certificate that was obviously done on a copy machine and the lack of the appropriate sticker would get me nowhere on trying to have the warranty honored. ALSO, I would have to pay shipping to get it shipped in and HOPE that they would do something.

AND LASTLY

the rocket cyantist that says I should have sent it back to vetkilr is no rocket scientist. Vetkilr had my $230, and he shipped me a dead amp. Am I going to send the amp back to him and hope on a prayer that he sends me back my money or in some other way fixes the situation? Who is the retard now?
I had the shop try to fix it because I did not want to waste more time in getting my system going, and in all likelihood, sending the amp to Kicker or back to Vetkilr would not result in getting the issue resolved anyway.

When you advertise a working amp, take someone's money, and then send him a dead amp, I believe you do a little more than say,"Your gripe is with Kicker, not me." But then, I sell B2B for a living and care about the value of what I am selling to my customer.

1. If you are having 3 grand worth of work done, you dont buy used equipment.
2. Kickers turn-around time is 2 weeks.
3. Your "Kicker Dealer" has no clue what he's talking about. He wanted your money.
4. Sending it back to Vetkilr, would have had it resolved, hes NOT OUT TO SCAM YOU.
5. He may of advertised a working amp, but you knew it was a refurb, you knew it was in the box straight from factory, not opened. You took the chance of it being a good refurb.
6. You ****ed up, you didn't take the correct steps to have it fixed, or taken care of. You could have shipped the amp to a middle man, him hold it until you get the second amp Joel had, thn when you give word you got the amp, middle man ships the bad one to Joel.

You ****ed up.

Mike yayo
08-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Your spending 3000 on work then why the hell are u buying refurb stuff off a forum. And How is vet pose to know that a amp doesnt work it was a refurb from the factory. no one on here selling a new or refurbed gear is hooking it up and testing it, get real. DO u want someone opening up something u paid for to test it cmon.. How would the guy installing it no why it didnt work, why would he just open it up and be like this is wats wrong. You Shoulda just contacted vet first or called kicker. I understand ur pissed i would be too but **** happens, be more patient

silvermagnum
08-27-2006, 08:47 PM
1. If you are having 3 grand worth of work done, you dont buy used equipment.
2. Kickers turn-around time is 2 weeks.
3. Your "Kicker Dealer" has no clue what he's talking about. He wanted your money.
4. Sending it back to Vetkilr, would have had it resolved, hes NOT OUT TO SCAM YOU.
5. He may of advertised a working amp, but you knew it was a refurb, you knew it was in the box straight from factory, not opened. You took the chance of it being a good refurb.
6. You ****ed up, you didn't take the correct steps to have it fixed, or taken care of. You could have shipped the amp to a middle man, him hold it until you get the second amp Joel had, thn when you give word you got the amp, middle man ships the bad one to Joel.

You ****ed up.

Saywhat,

You guys all know Joel, I don't. All I knew him by was that he sent me a dead amp. So I guess I should have known HES NOT OUT TO SCAM ME.

His previous post outright lies and says I didn't ask him for a tracking number. I did, and he didn't ship it to me the day he said he would. See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermagnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetkilr
Quote:
Did you ship the amp yet?

I work 7-7p til fri then Im off.
Will ship fri. and then pm you with it.

Joel

Remember this?

Will ship early next week and pm you Trackin number.

Oh well...

Yeah,did think the money would clear til toady or thurs(ysuallt takes 3-4 days) and then I ship thur or fri.
I shipped MickeyBs on thurs and his still got to him on Weds. Which is when yours will be there so really it wont cost you any more days.

I guess its easy to slam someone you don't know and defend someone you do, I understand.

silvermagnum
08-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Your spending 3000 on work then why the hell are u buying refurb stuff off a forum. And How is vet pose to know that a amp doesnt work it was a refurb from the factory. no one on here selling a new or refurbed gear is hooking it up and testing it, get real. DO u want someone opening up something u paid for to test it cmon.. How would the guy installing it no why it didnt work, why would he just open it up and be like this is wats wrong. You Shoulda just contacted vet first or called kicker. I understand ur pissed i would be too but **** happens, be more patient

Because I had already spent more than I wanted to and tried to save a little cash?

Why does this even matter?

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
LISTEN

BUT

AND LASTLY

Im only gonna deal with us ok.
You obviously went by what your friends told you and thus we are where we are.

I was upfront from the beginning.
1.)Apparently Kicker refurbs come with copy's of manuals and such cause thats what my KX 2500.1 I just got has.......
2.)The point of buying from individuals and not retail or dealers is that if there are problems it might take longer then usually to resolve cause you cant go to the corner and return said product and get refund.
3.)I stated the amp was a BNIB refurb from kicker they come with 90 day warr. the amp was still under that when you got it til I believe 8/25 or 8/28. Plenty of time for me to get fixed.
4.)You stated Earlier 7/26 you were at a friends shoppe gettin your system installed and already had 3 JL audio amps in your car and now your saying that you had a appointment 2 weeks inadvance to get $3,000.00 in audio to get installed at said friends shoppe?Story changin again or is it me?

You went to all this trouble to shame me, go all around me,never really wanted me to help fix the amp in the first place(more then likely wasnt broke) and all for what???

What is your end game?
Im to Old for this and really want to watch football and go to sleep,cause Im gonna try and put my box and Kicker amps(the other 650.4 in [hope it works:rolleyes: ]and a KX2500.1.So I need my rest.
Sorry to seem harsh but to me it seems like you did what you wanted to do and now you are tryin to ruin my name all because you didnt want to come through me in the first place??
Or am I wrong again.

80INCHES
08-27-2006, 08:59 PM
silvermag = ultimate noobx
3g's worth of stuff and want to buy used....who r u kidding...next time buy from ikesound if u want something u want to fix
vetkilr is a good guy...

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Saywhat,

You guys all know Joel, I don't. All I knew him by was that he sent me a dead amp. So I guess I should have known HES NOT OUT TO SCAM ME.

His previous post outright lies and says I didn't ask him for a tracking number. I did, and he didn't ship it to me the day he said he would. See below:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetkilr
Quote:
Did you ship the amp yet?

I work 7-7p til fri then Im off.
Will ship fri. and then pm you with it.

Joel

Remember this?

Will ship early next week and pm you Trackin number.

Oh well...

Yeah,did think the money would clear til toady or thurs(ysuallt takes 3-4 days) and then I ship thur or fri.
I shipped MickeyBs on thurs and his still got to him on Weds. Which is when yours will be there so really it wont cost you any more days.

I guess its easy to slam someone you don't know and defend someone you do, I understand.

Yep..............
I remember because of your post count I told my wife to make sure it cleard before I shipped and it didnt clear when I thought thus takin a couple days longer.

My bad...........I dont like fightin...its not me.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
Saywhat,

seems to me your story changed, from what he posted. I dont KNOW Joel, he merely came to a meet and hung out for a couple hours. I know him from one afternoon, nothing more. By all means, if I thought he did this on PURPOSE, id bash the living **** out of him.....but I KNOW he didnt, hes not like that, and you know this from just MEETING him once.

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:04 PM
silvermag = ultimate noobx
3g's worth of stuff and want to buy used....who r u kidding...next time buy from ikesound if u want something u want to fix
vetkilr is a good guy...

Thankx 80.

Im out of this.

Ill read it tomorrow if I can sleep.

Id hope this wasnt gonna happen but if you sell sooner or latr somethin will.

Dude wish you would have just let me know when it happend.I usually give evryone my Phone number.
Hell I just bought a power HX2 12" from a guy on here Fri after work cash........

Never had this problem once sellin Mustang parts..........guess dealin with electrical stuff like this is gonna happen??

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:07 PM
OT: Joel, im pullin the 302 this weekend. its getting gaskets and seals all around. Rear main seal is gunna be the biggest pain I think.

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:09 PM
OT: Joel, im pullin the 302 this weekend. its getting gaskets and seals all around. Rear main seal is gunna be the biggest pain I think.

lol

I had to change one (rear seal)under my 68 one time...........tranny fluid FTL.

That stuff doesnt taste so good:D

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:12 PM
LOL well, its coming out to get changed, not in the car, so that should be better. may hit you up through PM if I have any questions.

Mike yayo
08-27-2006, 09:14 PM
people that spend 3000 arent worrying about saveing 100 bux.It doesnt matter like u say but its just little weird.

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:15 PM
LOL well, its coming out to get changed, not in the car, so that should be better. may hit you up through PM if I have any questions.

Sounds good..............but its been awhile:laugh:

killahbean
08-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Silvermagnum = noobx

3g of work for your car....nuff said

silvermagnum
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Sorry guys, I just wanted a little more than "Deal with Kicker, I'm out"

I'm done with this subject. I will just chalk it up to lessons learned.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Sounds good..............but its been awhile:laugh:

LOL the hard part will be getting it out, Im sure ill break **** along the way, just hoping the whole tranny drop/driveshaft removel will be easy.

What bolts should I use for it on the engine stand, i picked up a 750 lbs stand.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:19 PM
vetkilr 1, silvermagnum 0

lollerskates

smd4life
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
im sure kicker tests there refurbs very thoroughly before sending anything out

silvermagnum
08-27-2006, 09:28 PM
vetkilr 1, silvermagnum 0

lollerskates

Yep, you are right. You might be more accurate if you said:

vetkilr=$230 silvermagnum= 1 f'ed up amp

PRICELESS

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
im sure kicker tests there refurbs very thoroughly before sending anything out

Why I believe it was in workin order and didnt have a copper wire burnt or whatever he said.

vetkilr
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
LOL the hard part will be getting it out, Im sure ill break **** along the way, just hoping the whole tranny drop/driveshaft removel will be easy.

What bolts should I use for it on the engine stand, i picked up a 750 lbs stand.

Use the existing bolts we did.They are strong.

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
what existing bolts? It didnt come with any bolts? Im talking the ones that go into your motor, through the stand. Am I missing something?

saywhat?
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Yep, you are right. You might be more accurate if you said:

vetkilr=$230 silvermagnum= 1 f'ed up amp

PRICELESS

more like.....vetkilr= good seller silvermagnum=too quick to jump to conclusions, now it costs more and waits longer than it would have been if he would have gone about it THE RIGHT WAY. Funny how that works right?

pimpedout97x
08-27-2006, 09:54 PM
silvermagnum u got pwned

jeeper07
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
add me as a ref pimped!! im adding you now

pimpedout97x
08-27-2006, 10:11 PM
ok lol but next time im gonna send u a DOA amp if you dont shut up!

Railrocker
08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
ok lol but next time im gonna send u a DOA amp if you dont shut up!

It better be straight from the factory. :p:

pimpedout97x
08-27-2006, 10:18 PM
no its a refurb from kicker with no warrenty

iamamp3pimp
08-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow.

First of all you posted this in the wrong section.

Second, i am very familiar with the entire story, and feel the exact way that something was very odd about the whole thng.

You open something from an MFG< you void a warranty anyway.

if the guy at the shop was an honest dealer, he should have still tried to call Kicker for a repair, or had you send the AMP back for a refund, before spending money getting it fixed through him.

Joel is a good guy, but has no reason not to wash his hands of you now, just because of the shadyness of your end of the transaction.

To all the people saying that the buyer took the risk buying a refurb, thats not right at all. he should have gotten a working amp, and had he contacted the seller then this would have never hapened, as the seller would have been able to send it back for a repair without any issues. instead he opens it up himself, voiding any warranty at all. buy something from a retail store, open it up, and try to get warranty service on it.....it's not going to happen.

so all in all, while he should have gotten a working amp, we have no way to verify that he didnt. issue is pretty much over now, since there is no warranty because the buyer opened it up.

Thats my story and im sticking to it.

killahbean
08-27-2006, 11:04 PM
joel is a good guy but here IMO its both their faults....If the item being sold is presented as in working order thats how it should be.....On the other hand, silvermagnum opned up the dam amp and voided the warranty IMO thats the dumbest thing to do.....