PDA

View Full Version : 4 Inch Precision Port Help

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Ok i am going to be getting these....

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=268-352

How wide do i need to cut the hole for them...

Their website says this....

"5. Once placement has been determined cut the proper size hole. (Cut hole to the diameter of the flare side of the inside flare)"

So i was wondeing if any of you have worked with them before and know the exact size needed to be cut for a 4 inch one. Thanks, Andrew

AJē06
08-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Demel with an attachment?

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Demel with an attachment?

i have a router with a jasper jig

i need to know how wide to make the hole....

prochobo
08-26-2006, 07:37 PM
6.25" cutout diameter.
7.25" outer diameter.

I know because I've used lots of these and I've emailed PSP and they told me the same.

dru
08-26-2006, 07:37 PM
well do what the instructions said

its flared on two sides. one with screw holes, one without

trace the one without on the surface youre cutting and wala

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 07:42 PM
well do what the instructions said

its flared on two sides. one with screw holes, one without

trace the one without on the surface youre cutting and wala

i dont have them yet thats why i was asking... so i can cut my holes now so i can put carpet on the box....

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 07:44 PM
6.25" cutout diameter.
7.25" outer diameter.

I know because I've used lots of these and I've emailed PSP and they told me the same.

cool, so 6.25 for the whole. so that mean the flare that goes inside the box is smaller then the flare on the out side since the smaller one has to fit in the hole and the one on the out side is 7.25 in dimeter right?

prochobo
08-26-2006, 08:25 PM
cool, so 6.25 for the whole. so that mean the flare that goes inside the box is smaller then the flare on the out side since the smaller one has to fit in the hole and the one on the out side is 7.25 in dimeter right?

Yes, the outside flare (where you screw the port in) is 1" larger in diameter than the inside flare.

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Yes, the outside flare (where you screw the port in) is 1" larger in diameter than the inside flare.

sweet thanks man. did you ever have any problems with fitting the inside flare threw the whole since they are the same size?

prochobo
08-26-2006, 09:02 PM
sweet thanks man. did you ever have any problems with fitting the inside flare threw the whole since they are the same size?

Nope, even if you cut the hole a tad smaller than it should be, you can tilt the port and "edge" it on through if you know what I mean. It has a little (very little) flex that helps with fukc ups like those :veryhapp:

photocrazy8
08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Nope, even if you cut the hole a tad smaller than it should be, you can tilt the port and "edge" it on through if you know what I mean. It has a little (very little) flex that helps with fukc ups like those :veryhapp:

thanks, im excited to get these in there when they get to my house.