PDA

View Full Version : Help with Viper 550esp

sbddvm
12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
I have a Viper 550esp alarm with multiple sensors. Everything with the alarm and remote start worked fine after installation. The system remote started and shut down normally several times over the past week. Now, the remote start doesn't work. Shutdown diagnostics indicate that something on zone 1 is causing the remote start not to work now. I have a mercury switch (DEI 8610) instead of a pin switch and a tow/tilt sensor(DEI 507T) on zone 1.

Anyone have any ideas why the remote start worked and now it doesn’t?

Spddracer
12-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by sbddvm
I have a Viper 550esp alarm with multiple sensors. Everything with the alarm and remote start worked fine after installation. The system remote started and shut down normally several times over the past week. Now, the remote start doesn't work. Shutdown diagnostics indicate that something on zone 1 is causing the remote start not to work now. I have a mercury switch (DEI 8610) instead of a pin switch and a tow/tilt sensor(DEI 507T) on zone 1.

Anyone have any ideas why the remote start worked and now it doesn’t?

Check your sensors with a DVOM and see if there open or closed , You may haveon not working correctly

fusi0nhq
01-06-2003, 05:28 PM
mine did the same thing and i checked my hood pin and that was the problem. Make sure your hood pin is being pushed all the way in. Mine was being stopped by the rubber wet seal around the hood. Just check it.