PDA

View Full Version : which of these should i get

Bosaliniee
08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
well i woke up this morning with a hole in my window, and my ipod was gone, luckily i only payed 170 for it and it was screwing up all the time anyway.

now i decided its a good time to invest in an after market alarm, so far i have been to
Store Alarm Price installed
Best buy Viper 791xv 510 plus tax
zeibart audiovox 499 plus tax
circuit city python 499 plus tax
classic stereo code alarm 410 after tax

all are 2 way pagers, all the top model alarm which should i get (the classic stereo is a local shop and i am a regular there, the alarm is originally 400 without install, but the are selling it to me for that price installed)

jeepintn
08-24-2006, 10:06 PM
go with the most features you will actually USE that fit into your budget

Ali1
08-24-2006, 10:07 PM
sorry to hear such a thing.... Have any idea who did it? As far as the alarms, i would go with the 791x, but that's just me.

Bosaliniee
08-24-2006, 11:43 PM
no idea who it was, it was in my driveway and i have left it in my car for about a year with no problems

i have been leaning for the viper, but the price of the code alarm is cheaper so i kinda want that.

Shyne151
08-24-2006, 11:50 PM
You missed out circuit city's website was ****ed up on the python 871xp and they were selling htem for 220 installed. I did 5 of them in a week(alot of alarms in a week, especially all the same).

saj21187
08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
Honestly i never liked the code alarms when we sold em...They were cheaper and we sold alot more of them and we seemed to get more of them comng back with sirens that quit working, remotes that broke, etc etc. I really prefer the Viper/ Python models. I will most likely be using a python here in a few weeks, but also looking at compustar and autostart systems.

jrouter76
08-31-2006, 11:19 AM
viper, you get all the add on sensrs capabilities

RFCV
09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Now I decided it's a good time to invest in an aftermarket alarm

Sadly, that is the case for many. :wallbash:

prochobo
09-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Viper 791. I'm a proud owner of one and it's great. Here's a few tips:

Get more than 1 siren (like 3-4) and even better, get 3-4 individually battery backed up sirens. If you just stick with 1 siren, it will sound pretty pitiful. . . I remember an alarm going off in my school's parking lot. ~100ft away you could BARELY hear it over the traffic. My ride has 7 sirens and I can hear them from inside my dorm, not to mention that my pager is still within range should anybody set it off. Hell, standing in front of the car while the sirens go off is painful.

Get a good install also, DO NOT put the brain under the dash. Behind the glovebox, behind center dash, or under the center console are great places.

Make sure the installer hooks up the car's horn and light outputs to the alarm also.

Bosaliniee
09-01-2006, 09:35 PM
well, i got the viper, nothing but problems using best buy, but no one else in town sold it.

i am going back tomarrow, the shock sensor doesnt set off the alarm even when i strike the sensor itself no matter where the dial is set. and as was said by prochobo, one siren is not enough, and they broke something in my steering column that locks teh steering wheel and its going to cost anywhere from 150-800 dollars, but they will be paying for that