PDA

View Full Version : 3 Part ? (Focals)

Beerdrnkr
08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I currently have 165v1 focal components up front in the stock speaker and tweeter locations and some focal coaxials for rear fill. I was wondering if I would have any cancellation issues if I were to add another set of 165v1's in some kick panels or will it be very minimal and worth doing.

Second, if I were to do the first option should I just run rear fill off the headunit which is stock or should I get a very cheap 2ch amp. I was hoping not to have 3 amps but if it makes a noticeable difference I'm willing to get one.

Finally, this might be a little more expensive than the first option but it would be to get the Focal 270V3 components and make a kick panel just for the 4" or whatever size the mid is (it might look a little cheesy).

I want to be very loud and clear. I'm adding another sub so I'll have 3 12's and I don't want it to drown out my mids/highs. Thanks for the help

squeak9798
08-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I currently have 165v1 focal components up front in the stock speaker and tweeter locations and some focal coaxials for rear fill. I was wondering if I would have any cancellation issues if I were to add another set of 165v1's in some kick panels

Yes.

Different speakers located in different areas playing the same frequency ranges will cause phasing issues, aswell as diffuse any sense of imaging due to the multiple point sources.

Finally, this might be a little more expensive than the first option but it would be to get the Focal 270V3 components and make a kick panel just for the 4" or whatever size the mid is (it might look a little cheesy).

Much better option. Either place all three speakers in the kickpanel area if possible, or place the midrange and tweeter in the kicks and the midbass in the doors.

Beerdrnkr
08-24-2006, 06:24 PM
The 2 sets of components would be the same, I was hoping that option would be better just because I already have a set and it wouldn't cost as much.

squeak9798
08-24-2006, 08:00 PM
The 2 sets of components would be the same, I was hoping that option would be better just because I already have a set and it wouldn't cost as much.

Sorry, I guess "different" was a poor choice of words. I was typing that up quickly. A better phrasing would be:

Multiple speakers located in different areas playing the same frequency ranges will cause phasing issues, aswell as diffuse any sense of imaging due to the multiple point sources.

As in....having one set in your kicks and one set in your doors will not sound good.

The 3-way setup is a much better solution.

Beerdrnkr
08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
O, I guess my Focal components will be for sell soon. Thanks

Beerdrnkr
08-25-2006, 01:18 AM
What Focals would get the loudest and sound best as well? The Focal 270V3 or Focal 165KP? If I do the Focal 270V3 comps I will put the mid and tweeter in a kick panel and the midbass in the stock location, if I do the Focal 165KP's they will be in the stock locations in the doors.

camry_tuner
08-25-2006, 03:48 AM
dont the 270v3s have an 11" midbass? i'd go for the 165v3s instead, since u wont have to do as much modifying...

edit:
270v3 = 11" mid, 5.25" midrange, 1" tweet
165v3 = 6.5" mid, 3.5" midrange, 1" tweet

Beerdrnkr
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok, I thought it was a 6.5" with the 270v3. I'll take a look into the 165v2's. So the best thing to do would be 6.5 in the doors, 3.5 and tweets in kick panels for optimum sound?

camry_tuner
08-25-2006, 02:10 PM
should be fine, o and by the way, its 165v3, i typed it wrong haha