PDA

View Full Version : Components or a subwoofer...?

bobby_7
08-22-2006, 04:36 PM
so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL

anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??

Towncar
08-22-2006, 04:53 PM
so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL

anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??

Go diy, that way you can have your whole system.

JimJ
08-22-2006, 04:55 PM
I liked your last idea the best.

alphakenny1
08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
yea i say go DIY route and buy the assassin. but also remember you probably would need an HU that has a 3 way xover.

some very good options within your price range:
mids - dayton rs180, AA poly mid (never heard either of them but read good review on them and fall within your price range) about $35 a speaker.
Tweets - LPG 25nfa or Seas 27AFNC/G (owned the lpg's and never heard the seas) roughly $29-$43 a tweet.

bobby_7
08-22-2006, 09:12 PM
i was thinking maybe going with a mach 5 audio midbass and tweets....i have no idea....

i can pick up an assassin 10 for $70 or i can go with an assassin 12 for $90 and i already have a 2 cube box @ 29Hz for a 12 that i could slap it in so that i dont have to build a box right now....i think i'll go with the 10 but who knows

my HU is a Panasonic CQ-8100U or something like that, it has a lot of options, but i dont know about a 3-way xover...

if i get one of the speakers you recommended, im looking at $70 just for midbass, and then another $60 for tweets, so i'll have to go cheaper than that